Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi
    im 14 and want 2 know how to apply for a scholorship from the RAF to become a pilot. If any1 is a pilot readng this can you email me some details abou slection etc. [email protected]

cheers
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Join the ATC, do well at school, and go visit an Armed Forces Careers Office around the same time you apply for university.

... and change your email address if you want to be taken seriously; randybedcop 69?? Please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    Join the ATC, do well at school, and go visit an Armed Forces Careers Office around the same time you apply for university.

... and change your email address if you want to be taken seriously; randybedcop 69?? Please!
    Well, I'm pinopower69, and it hasn't done me much harm! my server wasn't hotail though!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by dirts)
    Well, I'm pinopower69, and it hasn't done me much harm! my server wasn't hotail though!
    Nothing wrong with that though, is there. Randybedcop's a bit more... err.. blatant.

I used to get emails when working at OASC with requests from info, and some of the email addresses were hilarious. You'd have this wonderful, polite "Dear Sir thankyou thankyou please" email, sent from "crazyschlong696969" or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Is this a conversation about how to become a pilot or who's got the most adolescent e-mail address? :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I rang the raf at 14 asking what i had to do to become a pilot, on being put through to the OC at Cranwell at the time, he advised me that if i worked as hard as i could at school, got as fit as i possibly could and learnt as much about the raf as humanly possible then he'd be happy to accept me when if i applied at 16...

I applied for the 6th form schp and flying schp and got both,

I then applied for a universtiy schp and got it,

currently paying back the raf all the money it gave me for uni as now dont want to fly want to do medicine...

Feel free to email me with any questions about the selection and what you need to do to get in,

I have alot of knowledge about it even though im not destined for it any more!

Rupert ([email protected])

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rupe)
    Hi there, I rang the raf at 14 asking what i had to do to become a pilot, on being put through to the OC at Cranwell at the time, he advised me that if i worked as hard as i could at school, got as fit as i possibly could and learnt as much about the raf as humanly possible then he'd be happy to accept me when if i applied at 16...

I applied for the 6th form schp and flying schp and got both,

I then applied for a universtiy schp and got it,

currently paying back the raf all the money it gave me for uni as now dont want to fly want to do medicine...

Feel free to email me with any questions about the selection and what you need to do to get in,

I have alot of knowledge about it even though im not destined for it any more!

Rupert ([email protected])
    Just out of interest, what degree did you do, and what changed your mind? Do you want to go into the RAF as a MO?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papasmurf)
    hi
    im 14 and want 2 know how to apply for a scholorship from the RAF to become a pilot. If any1 is a pilot readng this can you email me some details abou slection etc. [email protected]

cheers
    Do you think this guy still checks his thread? It was started about a year ago, and he only had 2 posts. Hmm. Anyway, he might not be a randybedcop any more, he's 15 now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirts)
    Do you think this guy still checks his thread? It was started about a year ago, and he only had 2 posts. Hmm. Anyway, he might not be a randybedcop any more, he's 15 now!

Lets hope he doesn't put it as a contact address for his RAF application! :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2005
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.