The Student Room Group

ATAS application

Hi, for all those in the Sept 2012 intake, please post your ATAS application process to help the rest of us.

1. date you applied
2. date received
3. length of processing
4. any other comments on your application
5. course and university

This is so those applicants who have not got their ATAS clearance and are worried about deadlines can have some reference as to how long the processing will take. There have been many complaints about the length of time it takes to process the certificate, and because of this, many students cannot enter the UK in time for their course, and have to either seek out other countries, or defer their applications. So please, any information is much much appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. 18/7/2012
2. not received but deadline is 24th August
3. N/A
4. I've applied many times but the system continually crashes before my application is submitted. I really need my ATAS cert before 24th august as thats the deadline required by my university
5. ChemEng, Imperial College London
Original post by wong_fen
1. 18/7/2012
2. not received but deadline is 24th August
3. N/A
4. I've applied many times but the system continually crashes before my application is submitted. I really need my ATAS cert before 24th august as thats the deadline required by my university
5. ChemEng, Imperial College London

Do you have a scholarship or are you funding your own studies?
What did you put down for financial details if you're funding your own studies??
Reply 3
I put private funding.
Quick questions for those that have applied already, what do you do if you have no employment history? There is no check box for that in the application and it doesn't let you move forward unless you fill something in. Also, in the Education History section, do you need to fill in details about your high school? If yes, then where? Thank you.
Reply 5
I have a friend who put down Not Applicable. I however interned with my mother's company for 6 months so I noted that down. No, I don't think high school details need be included as the heading only mentions undergrad/postgrad. However, it would be best to check with your application advisor or education provider as I'm not sure.
Reply 6
succesful ATAS application! :smile:
Reply 7
hey, applied on the 3rd july and just received it yesterday.

University: Cambridge

Course: Mphil Nuclear Energy
Reply 8
Can any tell me, whether ATAS team will contact mentioned referees in application or not? Because my referees didn't receive any links through mail.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
As far as I know, and quite a few of my friends have applied, they do not contact the referees.
Reply 10
You guys are so lucky , I totally forgot about atas and only applied yesterday. My deadline is 24 aug.... Anyone have tried to contact atas board to speed up the process ? They don't reply to emails:frown:
Reply 11
Btw is atas cert online cert or a paper copy
Reply 12
Original post by rebirthXx
You guys are so lucky , I totally forgot about atas and only applied yesterday. My deadline is 24 aug.... Anyone have tried to contact atas board to speed up the process ? They don't reply to emails:frown:

Yikes...imperial? I've tried sending them many emails informing them of my deadline, but they never replied. Maybe try contacting the university and asking for an extension on the deadline?
Reply 13
Original post by rebirthXx
Btw is atas cert online cert or a paper copy

Its an online cert.
1. August 6, 2012
2. Still processing
3. N/A
4. Well the ATAS application page asked me about my job experience and since I'm only a high school graduate who never had any job experience I mentioned my job as student.
5. Aerospace engineering, University of Manchester.

Hey everyone I just want to ask did you guys receive notification e-mail about the summary of your application after you submitted it? I've submitted mine but I didn't receive any email although my username and pass on the ATAS login site has been removed (which indicates that I've successfully submitted it). I did email those ATAS guys about it but I got no reply.
Reply 15
If you didn't receive an email acknowledging your submission, which comes attached with the summary, it most probably means that your application has not been submitted. This happened to one of my friends. Check your spam box to see if the email ended up there. If not, it is important that you re-apply ASAP in order to get your ATAS in time for visa applications. Of course, the fact that your US and PW was removed kind of confuses me, but thats the best advice I can offer. All the best! :smile:
I received my ATAS Clearance Certificate recently.
Here is the time line.
Application submitted : July 7th
Email from ATAS team asking for full referee details : July 12th (As I used initials)
Confirmation about update of my application with referee details : July 24th
ATAS certificate received : Aug 17th (Exactly 19 working days from the time of confirmation about my completed application.)
Reply 17
Its been 40days since i have applied for ATAS clearance. Have to leave before september 25 for University of oxford. I have received a mail dat states " u should have received ur output by now" what does dat signifies? I have checked all my spam/junk eveything.. I have not received still...
successful ATAS application although I did not receive any confirmation of submission email and summary of application. it took 14 working days.
the length of each applications varies from person to person. your lucky if you get it within the 20 working days as specified in the website. mine took nearly three months to come through.

make sure your form is accurate. no initials in any names because then they'll ask you to update it. and when you do. they dont give you any confirmation saying that its updated. so patience is truly a virtue with atas applications.

also if you have no employment history type in no employment in the sections and enter the current date as start date.

also if you're funding your own education then just mention that in the sponsor details.

any other questions, feel free to ask me because i've had some experience going through this process and will help you out as far as i can.

Quick Reply

Latest