Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I'm 26 and it always amuses me when people call me 'sir' or 'that man'. A woman in a shop the other day referred to me as 'that man' and I thought "what, me?!". I'm still a 'lad'.
    Don't feel special! I call every sir when I serve them cakes at work. The fat cake eating fatties. EVEN THE WOMEN.

ReputationRep:
    I'll count myself as grown up once I reach 5ft 3"...

only another 3 inches to go!

whooohooo 1500th!!!

ReputationRep:
    Its a self image thing isn't it? In my heart of hearts I still somehow believe I'm the same person I was when I was 16. The years have just flown over.

Ditto! I still feel 16 (and I know I'm only two years older than that).

ReputationRep:
    well I think I was a grown up when I was 20. i dont feel it always though. I dont think I've grown up mentally since I was 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I still say I like "boys" and I suppose that is going to start sounding inappropriate soon. I don't get called a "woman" yet though, just a lady. I was in France and someone called me "Madame" though - frightening.
    Surely Madame is only used for women of a certain 'maturity', or are obviously married?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Surely Madame is only used for women of a certain 'maturity', or are obviously married?!
    My point exactly! I think they use it when there is ANY doubt about you being a Mademoiselle (sp?! lol)

ReputationRep:
    Ditto! I still feel 16 (and I know I'm only two years older than that).
    I am 16 and am in Year 11, and I see the little year 7's now and can't believe how young they are and how grown up I though I was when I was 11, I also thought that being in Yr11 was something special... but now I'm here it's just normal - something that happens to everyone... things always look different in hindsight...

ReputationRep:
    Its a self image thing isn't it? In my heart of hearts I still somehow believe I'm the same person I was when I was 16. The years have just flown over.
    Yeah I guess so. I felt like I was in about year 10 when I met up with some old school friends. School and childhood are the best days of your lives, but i'd like to be proved wrong

ReputationRep:
    18 and over = woman i reckon (please excuse the late response)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I am 16 and am in Year 11, and I see the little year 7's now and can't believe how young they are and how grown up I though I was when I was 11, I also thought that being in Yr11 was something special... but now I'm here it's just normal - something that happens to everyone... things always look different in hindsight...

When I was aged 7 I thought that being 12 would have made me the most grown-up person in the world. All my pretend games with my friends involved us being 12 (and also going out with member of Boyzone - lol)

ReputationRep:
    I still say I like "boys" and I suppose that is going to start sounding inappropriate soon. I don't get called a "woman" yet though, just a lady. I was in France and someone called me "Madame" though - frightening.
    from women it is never inappropriate - though from us men it might be more so saying we like 'girls'

ReputationRep:
    When you're 26 let me know if you're the same.

What I want to know is what happened to the fabulous body I had when I was 16?
    did it decompose? taxidermy is a wonderful thing!

ReputationRep:
    Ha! School days are nowhere near the best days of my life! They were memorable yes but if those are your best days you either went to a far more fabulous school than I did or you need to get our more!
    I had some great friends at school.

Thats what I mean, hopefully life later will be better than school.

ReputationRep:
    Oh the gags, I'll set 'em up and you knock 'em down.

Actually I still have that body, its just not visible to the naked eye.
    Or any eye other than yours for that matter

ReputationRep:
    I had some great friends at school.

Thats what I mean, hopefully life later will be better than school.
    School right now and for the past 5 years, no where near best days of my life... and that's all I'm going to say

ReputationRep:
    Honestly that slim. muscular body is there, its just covered by a 2" layer of flab
    That's what I say about my dimples. F*ck*ng hell I need to lose weight, just to get my dimples back!

I suppose some people could say growing up is when nothing's fun anymore. I ain't growing up then.

ReputationRep:
    i used to think my 6th form days would pass like the way it was portrayed in the American teen high school movies - how **** it ended up being - maybe uni will be truer to the movies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    i used to think my 6th form days would pass like the way it was portrayed in the American teen high school movies - how **** it ended up being - maybe uni will be truer to the movies
    I wish I could have grown up in the US after watching The Breakfast Club.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could have grown up in the US after watching The Breakfast Club.
    I thought that was only my fanatasy. I even wrote my own book about an English girl moving over there (when i was 11, and into Sweet Valley High lol)

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was only my fanatasy. I even wrote my own book about an English girl moving over there (when i was 11, and into Sweet Valley High lol)
    i was forced to watch that by my silly little sisters - to be made to watch early 90s pre-pubescent boys with foppish haircuts trying to flirt makes me shudder even now.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.