This discussion is closed.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I'm 26 and it always amuses me when people call me 'sir' or 'that man'. A woman in a shop the other day referred to me as 'that man' and I thought "what, me?!". I'm still a 'lad'.
Don't feel special! I call every sir when I serve them cakes at work. The fat cake eating fatties. EVEN THE WOMEN.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'll count myself as grown up once I reach 5ft 3"...

only another 3 inches to go!

whooohooo 1500th!!!
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its a self image thing isn't it? In my heart of hearts I still somehow believe I'm the same person I was when I was 16. The years have just flown over.

Ditto! I still feel 16 (and I know I'm only two years older than that).
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well I think I was a grown up when I was 20. i dont feel it always though. I dont think I've grown up mentally since I was 20.
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I still say I like "boys" and I suppose that is going to start sounding inappropriate soon. I don't get called a "woman" yet though, just a lady. I was in France and someone called me "Madame" though - frightening.
Surely Madame is only used for women of a certain 'maturity', or are obviously married?!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Surely Madame is only used for women of a certain 'maturity', or are obviously married?!
My point exactly! I think they use it when there is ANY doubt about you being a Mademoiselle (sp?! lol)
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ditto! I still feel 16 (and I know I'm only two years older than that).
I am 16 and am in Year 11, and I see the little year 7's now and can't believe how young they are and how grown up I though I was when I was 11, I also thought that being in Yr11 was something special... but now I'm here it's just normal - something that happens to everyone... things always look different in hindsight...
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its a self image thing isn't it? In my heart of hearts I still somehow believe I'm the same person I was when I was 16. The years have just flown over.
Yeah I guess so. I felt like I was in about year 10 when I met up with some old school friends. School and childhood are the best days of your lives, but i'd like to be proved wrong
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
18 and over = woman i reckon (please excuse the late response)
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I am 16 and am in Year 11, and I see the little year 7's now and can't believe how young they are and how grown up I though I was when I was 11, I also thought that being in Yr11 was something special... but now I'm here it's just normal - something that happens to everyone... things always look different in hindsight...

When I was aged 7 I thought that being 12 would have made me the most grown-up person in the world. All my pretend games with my friends involved us being 12 (and also going out with member of Boyzone - lol)
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I still say I like "boys" and I suppose that is going to start sounding inappropriate soon. I don't get called a "woman" yet though, just a lady. I was in France and someone called me "Madame" though - frightening.
from women it is never inappropriate - though from us men it might be more so saying we like 'girls'
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When you're 26 let me know if you're the same.

What I want to know is what happened to the fabulous body I had when I was 16?
did it decompose? taxidermy is a wonderful thing!
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ha! School days are nowhere near the best days of my life! They were memorable yes but if those are your best days you either went to a far more fabulous school than I did or you need to get our more!
I had some great friends at school.

Thats what I mean, hopefully life later will be better than school.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh the gags, I'll set 'em up and you knock 'em down.

Actually I still have that body, its just not visible to the naked eye.
Or any eye other than yours for that matter
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I had some great friends at school.

Thats what I mean, hopefully life later will be better than school.
School right now and for the past 5 years, no where near best days of my life... and that's all I'm going to say
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Honestly that slim. muscular body is there, its just covered by a 2" layer of flab
That's what I say about my dimples. F*ck*ng hell I need to lose weight, just to get my dimples back!

I suppose some people could say growing up is when nothing's fun anymore. I ain't growing up then.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i used to think my 6th form days would pass like the way it was portrayed in the American teen high school movies - how **** it ended up being - maybe uni will be truer to the movies
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
i used to think my 6th form days would pass like the way it was portrayed in the American teen high school movies - how **** it ended up being - maybe uni will be truer to the movies
I wish I could have grown up in the US after watching The Breakfast Club.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wish I could have grown up in the US after watching The Breakfast Club.
I thought that was only my fanatasy. I even wrote my own book about an English girl moving over there (when i was 11, and into Sweet Valley High lol)
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I thought that was only my fanatasy. I even wrote my own book about an English girl moving over there (when i was 11, and into Sweet Valley High lol)
i was forced to watch that by my silly little sisters - to be made to watch early 90s pre-pubescent boys with foppish haircuts trying to flirt makes me shudder even now.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (146)
24.75%
Better than expected (129)
21.86%
Worse than expected (315)
53.39%

Watched Threads