Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronnie Raygun)
    "...., the fact remains that banning gay marriage is simple discrimination. Adam and Steve having a legal document stating that their realtionship is defined as 'marriage' doesn't have any effect whatsoever on any other realtionship. If marriage is as important and as solid a bond as you make out, what marriage would collapse because of two other random, irrelevant people having the same certificate as you do." - kildare

Gay marriage is already illegal in 49 states. The majority of Americans want to keep it that way. Bush just wants yo uphold the laws we already have not to mention that "marriage" by definition is between a man and a women.
    i dont get the 'definition statement' at all. why is that relevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    i dont get the 'definition statement' at all. why is that relevant?
    No, me neither. Our friend Ronnie seems to be claiming that it is more important to keep a definition than it is to try to rid ourselves of discrimination. Surely it is healthier for a society to change the definition of marriage than to keep an outdated and unfair law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    I believe your opinions (not necessarily faulty) are based on too simplistic a foundation.
    We all do the 'x thinks this and I'm right about x because lots of other people believe x is the weakest form of self-justification' whatever side of the argument we represent!
    There is a world of difference between inter-racial marriages and same-genital 'marriages' that you cannot use them as a comparison.
    The question of gay marriage started out as 'my long-term partner can't make any legal decisions about my estate/pension/health-care etc. so the prospect of a legal agreement was suggested. Not good enough so now they are baying for marriage which was their original, covert intention.
    What next - I want my marriage with my dog, cat, monkey etc to be recognised? Where will it end? We must come to the realisation that we can't always have everything we want but content ourselves with what we have. It's good for the soul
    erm...do you not see anything wrong with arguing against someones use of inter-racial marriages as a comparison to gay marriage but then compare gay marriage to marriage with animals???

also you language really smacks of fear....the use of the word covert is so telling. conspiracies, lies, deceit. you must be fun at a party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    erm...do you not see anything wrong with arguing against someones use of inter-racial marriages as a comparison to gay marriage but then compare gay marriage to marriage with animals???

also you language really smacks of fear....the use of the word covert is so telling. conspiracies, lies, deceit. you must be fun at a party
    Not only that, but the "where will it end?" was very Daily Mail. My word, they're thinking of allowing women the vote - where will it end? Will my lowly pet dog be allowed suffrage next? What is the world coming to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    What a well thought out arguement :rolleyes:
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
    We dont need marriage? WTF? I guess to you liberals we dont need any laws either, why would we? To a liberal, all you want is for everyone to roam about doing what they please with no consequences. Gays marrying is wrong. You can say its ok all you like if it makes you feel better but its still wrong. Whoever it was that said a gay parent family was just like a single parent/relative raising a child is a total and unabashed retard. WTF? I honestly think some of you just say stupid stuff to see how stupid you can get. Cossack and jonathan, if you had your way the world would end rather quickly. But then thats what jews want isnt it.
    its funny you should insult other people as stupid when you make the comment about liberals, roaming and consequences! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Not only that, but the "where will it end?" was very Daily Mail. My word, they're thinking of allowing women the vote - where will it end? Will my lowly pet dog be allowed suffrage next? What is the world coming to?
    hehe absolutely!!!
    im studying language at the moment, just got a real interest in it and its s interesting to hear the words people use as it can totally frame how people see the world and what actions they think should be taken.

ReputationRep:
    If everyone in europe thinks like the last few who posted here, i pity your lost souls.

God save the BNP

ReputationRep:
    If everyone in europe thinks like the last few who posted here, i pity your lost souls.

God save the BNP
    How wonderful, more of your racist/homophobic slur preachings, seriously not wanted. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

God save the BNP
    i wouldnt pity my soul if i were you, im off to cambridge to study for my phd this october so im doing pretty well for myself thanks! think its you who deserves the pity.

ReputationRep:
    Well that question will be answered in less than 50 years. I`m betting against you and ppl like you. The automitons are the weak link both here and the UK. Seems most of this board is liberals, prolly from some 3rd world country, pushing on your agenda to ruin the world. Yes....meet me back here in 2054 and we`ll see who is better off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    How wonderful, more of your racist/homophobic slur preachings, seriously not wanted. :rolleyes:

You cant tell me what to think or what to say, your opinions mean nothing to me. Last time i checked this was a debate forum. Why dont you try giving reasons why giving your country and your culture away to 3rd world immigrants is a good thing, instead of petty remarks about me. While you are at it, try to find your morals because somewhere you lost them while being brainwashed by the liberal jewish media.

ReputationRep:
    You cant tell me what to think or what to say, your opinions mean nothing to me. Last time i checked this was a debate forum. Why dont you try giving reasons why giving your country and your culture away to 3rd world immigrants is a good thing, instead of petty remarks about me. While you are at it, try to find your morals because somewhere you lost them while being brainwashed by the liberal jewish media.
    Last time I checked this thread it was about gay marriage. We weren't discussing giving our country to 3rd world immigrants, I'm afraid - you'll have to try another thread.

ReputationRep:
    Another liberal i see, wow must be scary over there.

ReputationRep:

So Ameica never benefited from immigrants then???? Dont forget Your ancestor was probably some desperate dirty unemployed immigrant arriving on a boat without a penny to their name - and before you say that tehy weer not third world - ireland during teh famine, central eurpoe in the eighteenth and nineteenth century were not exactly bursting with money.

just been on the BBC again...my head feels kinda funny....think ill go destroy the world.....

Why are immigrants are a good thing...they add to their cultural diversity of teh country...they are very good for the economy....the average immigrant has paid more in taxes than they have received in benefits after an average of 5 years....where would we be without curry, chinese etc....immigrants make up a massive amount of the workforce and do jobs that us 'indigenous' (stupid word) are not willing to do....how many doctors in thsi country are second generation immigrants.....

you want more nazi boy or are you too busy ******* over George Lincoln Rockwell???

ReputationRep:
    Another liberal i see, wow must be scary over there.
    Just trying to point out that you are apparently lost and would be better off elsewhere. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    Well that question will be answered in less than 50 years. I`m betting against you and ppl like you. The automitons are the weak link both here and the UK. Seems most of this board is liberals, prolly from some 3rd world country, pushing on your agenda to ruin the world. Yes....meet me back here in 2054 and we`ll see who is better off.
    hehe your comments are so amusing. they are just so random.
    why fifty years? whats going to happen in the next fifty mystic meg?

do you mean automatons not automitons? (spelling suggests you may lose your bet of being better off in fifty years time)

and what about automatons? you just make a random statement and leave it at that.

more conspiracy theories as well. of course, how could i forget, the third world want to ruin the world! how can all us automitons not see this?!!!! :rolleyes:

actually im not from the third world, im from the first, not that that makes a squat of difference.

and as for being liberal....i dont classify myself so rigidly. my views are too diverse and complex (in the sense of me not fully understanding them, not in the sense that they would be complex to someone of your ilk) to label.

i probably wont have time to meet you back here in 2054 as by then the worldwide liberal conspiracy will be in full swing and i will be busy causing havoc in the west by having homosexual relations, society will surely fall! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    If you dislike agressive responses perhaps you should consider treating people with ever so little respect. Your last sentence is a contradiction btw. If a Media seeks to controll the population it is totalitarian (the opposite of liberalism). Also, if britain has had a problem with losing cultural values it can be more atributed to american than 3rd world influence.

ReputationRep:
    So now the Gays are in on it as well? Amazing. Lets see who are in on this large "destroy the world" conspiracy Fox has been talking about. So far we have:

The Jews, The Blacks , The 3rd world countries , The Homosexuals , The Liberals etc etc....

Who are next to be added to this list? Perhaps anyone who has a dad stronger than FoxNewsRocks's dad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    So now the Gays are in on it as well? Amazing. Lets see who are in on this large "destroy the world" conspiracy Fox has been talking about. So far we have:

The Jews, The Blacks , The 3rd world countries , The Homosexuals , The Liberals etc etc....

Who are next to be added to this list? Perhaps anyone who has a dad stronger than FoxNewsRocks's dad?
    my dad is stronger than foxnewsrocks's dad!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.