Can I pay an item in dollars, on ebay? Please advise!! Watch

katyness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys!

I've got my eyes on an item on ebay whose currency is demonstrated in dollars. I know I can pay for it with my card but is it advisable? Will my bank take extra charges?

Many thanks
beccafairy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you shouldn't be charged anything extra as it's all done electronically - the equivalent in £s would be gone from your bank.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You might get charged a couple of quid, nothing major. If it's shipping from the US though be aware that you might have to pay VAT when it arrives, along with an extra administration fee for the privilege of getting taxed. :rolleyes:
Zenzic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
-.-
Hopefulmedstudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do this all the time,
just be sure to use paypal and at the payment screen select paypal currency converter this will convert the money to pounds before debiting your account this particularly useful If paying for more expensive items as some banks will charge a conversion fee.
You must be logged on to ebay Uk to do this so add items to watch list beforehand
besarlalluvia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You wouldn't be charged extra, but you may be charged shipping tax when it's delivered. This is irrelevant to the ebay listing - it's to do with the courrier I think.
I bought jeans from America before for ~$30, but I ended up paying £60 tax. This tax price can vary, it jsut depends how much of an ******** they want to be.
katyness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by besarlalluvia)
You wouldn't be charged extra, but you may be charged shipping tax when it's delivered. This is irrelevant to the ebay listing - it's to do with the courrier I think.
I bought jeans from America before for ~$30, but I ended up paying £60 tax. This tax price can vary, it jsut depends how much of an ******** they want to be.
:eek: Yikes!! I'm not going to take that risk. Thank you for the heads up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads