Jeans never seem to fit me! Watch

TheQuietOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Not really sure if anybody could help, but hey, worth a try.

I'm female and quite slim. I've lately been looking for a new wardrobe as all my old clothes are now a bit small or worn out. However, no matter how many shops I go to, I can never find a pair of jeans that fit! They're either too huge round the waist, the waistband reaches up as far as my ribcage, or they're far too baggy around the bum/thighs.

I bought a few pairs anyway because I desperately needed something to wear...but I always feel embarrassed walking around with jeans that constantly fall down or hang down around my bum like I'm a guy trying to show off his boxers by wearing his trousers too low. I'd like a pair that fits nicely around my bum...

Anybody have any ideas for good places to buy jeans that fit well on slim people? I prefer boot-cut/flared ones, as skinnier jeans don't look right on me. I also have quite a small budget (£50 needs to get me 3-4 decent pairs.)

Thanks
tamimi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheQuietOne)
Not really sure if anybody could help, but hey, worth a try.

I'm female and quite slim. I've lately been looking for a new wardrobe as all my old clothes are now a bit small or worn out. However, no matter how many shops I go to, I can never find a pair of jeans that fit! They're either too huge round the waist, the waistband reaches up as far as my ribcage, or they're far too baggy around the bum/thighs.

I bought a few pairs anyway because I desperately needed something to wear...but I always feel embarrassed walking around with jeans that constantly fall down or hang down around my bum like I'm a guy trying to show off his boxers by wearing his trousers too low. I'd like a pair that fits nicely around my bum...

Anybody have any ideas for good places to buy jeans that fit well on slim people? I prefer boot-cut/flared ones, as skinnier jeans don't look right on me. I also have quite a small budget (£50 needs to get me 3-4 decent pairs.)

Thanks

Never failed to find what I want in Primark.
alexmagpie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Give Dorothy Perkins a try if you haven't already - they've always served me well.
WildBerrySpirit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I pretty much have the same problem OP.

Next and New Look are the two places, where I tend to buy my jeans. Fitting is usually perfect.
TheQuietOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks everyone! I'm going shopping tomorrow so I'll have a closer look in all the recommended shops.

(Original post by cfizzle)
Buy a belt
Totally expected more comments like this one
I have tried belts but they just make the jeans look all scrunched up at the top because the waists are too big...and some jeans still hang down around the butt regardless.
Fofalot16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have had the same problem. The last couple of pairs i have bought from Next, they fit perfectly and are a reasonable price
katehlouise
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have you been looking at 'petite' ranges? Though, I think they can be more expensive sometimes. I got a really good fitting pair from Select once, though now they've either expanded with washing, or I've lost weight as they're too baggy in the bum xD
dawayesmeeth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ya i am agree with you, my girl friend also very slim and lean, she also faces the same problem. She wants to buy the pencil cut jeans, which is tight to your skin and my suggestion is in the market newly leggings jeans will be available which are look like the jeans only.So i think it will be suited for you.
Caraa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not sure if it will fit into your budget, but I have the same problem and found that Mango jeans are a miracle!

Good luck
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tamimi)
Never failed to find what I want in Primark.
Primark clothes don't fit well on anybody.
tamimi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Llamageddon)
Primark clothes don't fit well on anybody.
I never had any issues.
fboudoir
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try MotelRocks.com; their jeans have really tiny waistlines and yeah order the xtrasmall.

Just give it a try, if it doesnt work then just return and get a refund.
oodlesofpoodles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love H&M jeans they always seem to fit just right, well in my experience anyway. Next jeans are always pretty well made and form fitting, they have a lot of wear in them too
Smiile
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have the same problem usually wear a belt. I bought black skinny jeans from new look size 12 which are a little short and i need a belt with. In the sale i found another pair of jeans from newlook size 10 and perfect length and fit around the waist which are now my new fav pair of jeans as they are the only ones that fit the way i like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
4.26%
They might tell the bully (5)
10.64%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
19.15%
It might lead to more bullying (17)
36.17%
There's nothing they could do (14)
29.79%

Watched Threads