abs3417
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all
I was lucky enough to get my grades early so have just been offered accommodation thing is i never went to the open day and was really unsure of what choices to put down! Il be doin occupational therapy and will be in uni 5 days a week so I originally put down prospect point for first choice because it was closer, plus I really wanted an en suite and self catered. I'm just not sure now if that's where I really wana stay though having heard a lot of people say its not very sociable! Has anyone on here accepted a place or put it down as their first choice? Or does anyone actually know anyone who stays there?
Thanks in advance for any replies
DaveMalone92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, ill be staying in prospect point, hell im gonna be socialable! im well excited, i think i ahve all my grades set in stone, just gotta wait till august 16th to accept my place, prospect point is my first choice!

If its yours, add me on facebook, would be nice to know more people in the flat

[mod edit - it is advised that you do not post facebook urls on the open forum]
Bubblegoose89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, i'm also doing occupational therapy, and i'm staying in prospect point. I've heard the same thing, but i think you'll make a lot of friends just by being at uni, and joining like clubs and societies etc. I'm sure it wont be a problem

Pete
abs3417
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies I'm seriously having second thoughts, iv decided id rather be stuck somewhere not as nice with a shared bathroom rather than somewhere where I could end up feeling isolated. You can't choose your flatmates and it'd be just my luck to end up with people who aren't very sociable! Does anyone know though, if I decline this offer will I get one from another of my other choices or will that be it? They say they guarantee accomodation but by offering me that place theyve done all their obliged to do.

And pete il be seeing you in September then
thomasbigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I put Prospect Point down for my first choice as well for the fact that it is close to the University and that it is En-suite.

I sure don't want to be unsociable at all. The pictures in Libertyliving of Prospect point seem have have a communal feel so I don't think it should be too bad.

I'm doing Computer Science if anyone is doing the same. (please note - not the biggest of nerds haha).
Prospect Point
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We will shortly be sending out provisional room numbers so hopefully you can find someone in your flat and get to know them before you arrive
EmmiHill23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ive applied for prospect point as my first choice at uni of liverpool and i havent recieved anything back yet but i really want to stay here! it looks like a nice place to live, and im definatley going to be sociable i wouldnt worry about being isolated by where you live its definatley what you make of it! anyone who plans on living there add me on facebook as it would be nice to make some friends prior Emmi Hill
abs3417
Rep:
?
I paid my deposit yesterday I think it is what you make of it and I'm sure il meet people who are up for a laugh! I will add you on Facebook emmi and Dave my Facebook is Abi walker, there's loads with my name on Facebook but it'll say that I'm from sheffield so that might narrow it down haha x
iambollo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I paid my deposit back in March, I'm up for a laugh and I will definitely be sociable bit nervous at first of course though guess it just depends on the type of people in our accomodation, hopefully they are not all too boring
thomasbigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im the same. Dont know what to expect. Im from Northern Ireland. Im up for anything so if anyone wants to look me on facebook, ill post my room number when I find out Im to get my keys on the 15th of September at 11 in the morning I think
iambollo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
UoL and LJMU students are split up between two sides in prospect point from what I heard in the viewing on Friday, LJMU students also get their room number earlier and move in on the 8th September, should be all at the same time really! Oh and my room number will be 3F
Prospect Point
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just to confirm, we will only be sending out LJMU room allocations as the UoL allocations are dealt with directly by the University's accommodation office and we only receive these early in September
abs3417
Rep:
?
Oh guess iv gotta wait til September then! Is anyone else going UOL here? Thomas what's your name on Facebook il add you? Wanna get to know some people before I go
thomasbigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah im going to Uol - its thomasbigger if you want to add me
Deigh..
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm going to be staying here too! UoL
drh94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys! I'm staying at prospect point too would be nice to get to know people before we get there, add me on facebook!
Daniella Rose Hall
x
Bubblegoose89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by drh94)
Hey guys! I'm staying at prospect point too would be nice to get to know people before we get there, add me on facebook!
Daniella Rose Hall
x
Hey what are you studying?
Dan_I
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Room 23C here, doing History (@JMU).

Seems like there's hardly anybody staying at Prospect Point compared to all the other choices!
drh94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in 7d as far as I know. Studying forensic psychology and criminal justice what are you studying?
Everyone seems to be at Atlantic point! Sure it doesn't matter where you are as long as people are nice and everything you need is close by!
thomasbigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I find it too. Ive got a room but I don't get it till September because I'm in UoL... It's true, as long as you settle in well, every place will be he same...

I heard there is high demand for the halls; people could be getting to prospect point for their second or thir choice! It's all good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool Hope University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
  • Liverpool Hope University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 4 Dec '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads