yahyahyahs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey

Anyone living in or lived in Lenton? Just in the midst of planning out bills and stuff and my housemates are at a loss as to how much we should be budgeting! If anyone could give us an estimate (and maybe say how much you're using?), we were thinking £50 a month for gas elec and water?

YYY
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yahyahyahs)
Hey

Anyone living in or lived in Lenton? Just in the midst of planning out bills and stuff and my housemates are at a loss as to how much we should be budgeting! If anyone could give us an estimate (and maybe say how much you're using?), we were thinking £50 a month for gas elec and water?

YYY
How many people will be living there, and how much are you likely to use (e.g. are you likely to be home all day, or spending a lot of time using computers etc)?

For a house of 5 with 3 heavy leccy users but low gas users, we have a bill of ~£130/month, and £400/year for water.
olddad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DarkWhite)
How many people will be living there, and how much are you likely to use (e.g. are you likely to be home all day, or spending a lot of time using computers etc)?

For a house of 5 with 3 heavy leccy users but low gas users, we have a bill of ~£130/month, and £400/year for water.
Think that is about what son pays
yahyahyahs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by DarkWhite)

4 people, most of us are Arts students so definitely at home a lot, probably on our laptops a lot, two girls so there will be a fair amount of baking and we like it when our houses are pretty chilly so the heating will probably be off/minimal use.

Which companies were you with as we are looking for the best tariffs as well (the landlord said we could switch).

Also, has anyone used Glide before?
mayer91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We got a quote from Glide for a house of 6. Something like 12 quid p.p per WEEK.
We're just extending the contracts from the previous inhabitants, which means we'll be paying around 4.10 per person per week for water, heating, internet and electricity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads