i'm 18 and afraid of ever being/doing anything with a guy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i'm 18 and a girl and i've never been in a relationship because of the way my vagina looks, i have what is 'big labia' or how guys put it 'meat curtains' and this just makes me feel awful and unattractive. i know this from my friends, they once all laughed about it and i just didn;t say anything but it totally upset me. i know what you see in the media is different to what real women look like but i just feel completely abnormal and so i'm scared of ever getting close to anyone incase they laugh or make my self esteem worse, and so i'm getting upset cause i'll be going to uni this year and i know i won't be able to do the normal stuff that everyone else does. it's getting me down and i don;t know what to do. i'm thinking about labiaplasty, i watched videos and girls like me seem to undergo this surgery, i'm thinking of leaving it a year and if seriously i never get a bf or a guy that doesn't mind then i'm getting it. is there actually any girls feeling like me or any guys with girlfriends like this or if anyone has any thoughts about this? is this a thing guys really think/talk about?
WizzleKidd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i'm getting upset cause i'll be going to uni this year and i know i won't be able to do the normal stuff that everyone else does.
So basically you think going to university is to have sex? :confused:
cammyleenic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get em' drunk darling!
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
Oh my gosh it's so incredibly sad that society and media has done this to us. No girl should EVER have to feel awful, inferior, or unattractive because of her frigging vagina!

I'm not having a go at you for feeling insecure about it, because a few years ago I felt exactly the same way. I truly believed I was in the minority for having larger labia and despised them entirely. I have since grown up, overcome this ridiculous worry and have realised that any decent guy couldn't care less. I was so nervous about letting see my vagina at first, even my boyfriend at the time whom I was very comfortable with, so you can imagine my shock when he told me I had a NICE vagina.

I have been with several guys since I lost my virginity and not one of them has ever flinched or made a comment about my labia. I am so glad that I am now mature enough to realise that vaginas come in all shapes and sizes, and that mine is by no means "weird" or "disgusting". My current boyfriend loves them and actually believes it makes sex more pleasurable.

I honestly hope you can see past this such minor detail, stop letting it take over your life, and have fun at uni!
Okie dokie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Flop out the cheese grater, do the deed.
kunoichi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The shape of your vagina shouldnt be a problem The right type of guys wont care and any guys that do dont deserve to be having sex with you.
Anonymous #3
Report 7 years ago
Once your vagina is out in the open, I don't think there's much that is going to stop a guy penetrating it.
Studentus-anonymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i'm 18 and a girl and i've never been in a relationship because of the way my vagina looks, i have what is 'big labia' or how guys put it 'meat curtains' and this just makes me feel awful and unattractive. i know this from my friends, they once all laughed about it and i just didn;t say anything but it totally upset me. i know what you see in the media is different to what real women look like but i just feel completely abnormal and so i'm scared of ever getting close to anyone incase they laugh or make my self esteem worse, and so i'm getting upset cause i'll be going to uni this year and i know i won't be able to do the normal stuff that everyone else does. it's getting me down and i don;t know what to do. i'm thinking about labiaplasty, i watched videos and girls like me seem to undergo this surgery, i'm thinking of leaving it a year and if seriously i never get a bf or a guy that doesn't mind then i'm getting it. is there actually any girls feeling like me or any guys with girlfriends like this or if anyone has any thoughts about this? is this a thing guys really think/talk about?
All vag's are ugly.

Edit: Negged because vag's are actually beautiful perfect things? Come ooooon. Genitalia in general are just sad looking, no need to get defensive, not like I'm pretending my **** is beautiful.
Anonymous #4
Report 7 years ago
I also have 'meat curtains' lol. I'm really self-conscious about it but it's never stopped me having sex. There's nothing I can do about it.. yeh theres surgery which is so expensive an could possibly put me at risk of never having sex again :O I admit I've probs had about 14 or more sexual partners and no-one ever has ever commented on it, just learn how to use it and feel confident you should be fine besides if you havent had sex yet, you want your first time to be special with someone you love? hopefully anyway so they will respect you!

Just go for it! I do heheh
Anonymous #4
Report 7 years ago
Dunno where my post dissappeared to anyway was saying I have the same problem. Its never stopped me from having sex. I've had 10+ sexual partners and no one has ever commented on it, ever. It's actually quite common as I found out not long ago! But its fine just go for it! Besides you want your first time to be with someone that respects you so wont mention anything! Good luck and just enjoy it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads