Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have a friend who says she never judges but she does judge what people say. Earlier I told her someone wanted to cheat on their husband who was in the army and I said she should finish the relationship. She started having a go at me saying she can cheat if she wants, peopleget misrable and that men in the forces cheat. She kept questioning me and getting angry so I backed down. Having gone on holiday with her and spent weekends with her I have found her to be very selfish, needy and opinionated, I thought this before and her ex told her he thought this and she went mad at him. I just don't get why she won't let people have their opinions and she keeps expect us to pay for things, do her errands and she even uses my toiletries without asking. I am so annoyed.
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tell her to shut up and let others choose their own opinions, I'm sure she's decided things that others would mock her for.
Cephalus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow your friend is quite...unique. What is it that brought you two together in a friendship? Tell her (gently) to stop. If she does not desist, then take further action
emilie18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does she have any redeeming qualities? From your post, I get the impression you really don't like her that much. If that's the case, then you talk to her and explain how hurtful her behaviour can be, then if things don't change, distance yourself from her and spend more time with the people you really do get on with.
ladymeep
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You don't sound as if you actually like her...so why are you friends with her?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
We only knew each other for 5 months in the last year of uni cos of group work. She then told me to keep in touch and kept emailing me asking to meet up, I wasn't too fussed as I was content with the friends I had. I found out after that her friends have stopped speaking to her so she has no friends now, I see why she latches onto people.
Hopple
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a friend who says she never judges but she does judge what people say. Earlier I told her someone wanted to cheat on their husband who was in the army and I said she should finish the relationship. She started having a go at me saying she can cheat if she wants, peopleget misrable and that men in the forces cheat. She kept questioning me and getting angry so I backed down. Having gone on holiday with her and spent weekends with her I have found her to be very selfish, needy and opinionated, I thought this before and her ex told her he thought this and she went mad at him. I just don't get why she won't let people have their opinions and she keeps expect us to pay for things, do her errands and she even uses my toiletries without asking. I am so annoyed.
What do you want, advice on whether to keep doing as you are doing, or stop being a doormat, or break off all contact?

Obviously stop letting her talk you down, paying for her stuff, doing errands for her etc, and if she throws a hissy fit then just ignore her until she becomes sane.
ken2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She sounds like a fragile soul to me and it also seems that you are the only friend she has, when ever you or her raise a top just side with her opinions and keep yours to yourself; just dont get sucked into petty quarrels.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.8%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.76%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (129)
38.17%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.18%

Watched Threads