living in Central London Watch

shreyachatterjee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am about to begin studying at the AA School of Architecture in Bedford Square, London. I am aware of a lot of the popular accommodation services in London, including UNITE and Nido and the London Hostels Association, etc.

I was wondering if anyone else studying at the AA or about to study or studying in the area might have advice on where it is best to stay?

Please write asap.
Lore92
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had applied to the Halls of Residence (UOL) but for some reason they refused me. Therefore I am going to apply to ISH, it's close to Regent's Park and 1.3 miles from my Uni (Birkbeck). As far as I know Nido is very expensive and Unite provide accommodations outside the city centre...
UNITE Student Accommodation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lore92)
I had applied to the Halls of Residence (UOL) but for some reason they refused me. Therefore I am going to apply to ISH, it's close to Regent's Park and 1.3 miles from my Uni (Birkbeck). As far as I know Nido is very expensive and Unite provide accommodations outside the city centre...

Hi Lore92,

My names Frankie, I work for UNITE. I’m here to give help and advice to TSR users about UNITE accommodation.

I noticed your post and thought a response might be helpful, as we have availability in a few of our London properties, four of which are less than a mile away from the main campus of Birkbeck (UOL) in really central locations.

Just drop me a message if you’d like any more information on these, or any of our London properties.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Lore92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey Frankie, Thank you very much for your reply, actually I have taken a look at UNITE and must say I'm quite interested (already signed up).
UNITE Student Accommodation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lore92)
Hey Frankie, Thank you very much for your reply, actually I have taken a look at UNITE and must say I'm quite interested (already signed up).

Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for your message - I have sent you a PM with all the info

Frankie
isha89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey Shreya

I'm also going to the architectural Association this year and I'm staying at Gradpad accommodation Wood Lane studios. It seems really nice and its close to the tube station and in a really great part of London.
equatorial iceman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've checked out Gradpad's Wood Lane studios. Very good tube connections, brand new, spacious and bright. ICL students get 25 pound bursary. I was wondering about Mansion SW3 it's right near Sloane Square, but very expensive I guess.
Lore92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it is a postgrad only rite?
isha89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey,
Yeah Gradpad is for postgrads. only which is one of the reasons I was drawn to it.
Seems really spacious, the area of White city/Shepherds bush is amazing plus the rooms are all studios. Iceman, I liked the mansion properties but they all seem very overpriced. Plus by the time i was ready to book al the cheaper rooms were fully let.
ajo104
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'll attend the program in Birkbeck this Oct, same at Bloomsbury. I'm also looking for a shared flat to rent.
I heard that the flat info can be found on gumtree.com, however, you need to be careful if the photos and description match the fact. It's better to look up some info up there and check the properties by yourself before you rent it.
Best luck to you and to me
shreyachatterjee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hey isha, thanks for that - but i'll be in first year, so grad pad isn't an option for me...

excited to know someone else going to the AA though
mminoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
is anybody here going to Mansion sw3 or mansion tower hall's?? I think i will go there but I want to know which is better!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (9)
64.29%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
14.29%

Watched Threads