Sony Vegas help Watch

Moonkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm making a kind of montage video for my first year at university with all my friends. I've selected all of the videos I want to include in the montage (only certain bits of each video needed) and selected a song ... potentially find yourself.

How would you set about planning how to make the video etc and what effects would you use. I'm not making Batman 4 here but would like some tips and maybe pointed to some tutorials.

cheers.
Cheelossom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
depends on what kind of speed you're going with the song, and if its like a bouncy kind of montage or like a slow one...
Honestly when I edit in vegas i only stick to things like colour correctors and curves cause they do wonders.. just import them into the project media and then right click and trimmer.. to like select bits you want and drag it to the timeline
they do loads of tutorials on vegas...

http://www.youtube.com/user/braproductions

and these are like colouring tutorials
http://www.youtube.com/user/xKewlTut.../videos?view=0

XD i've had experience cause i've been editing with vegas for 6 years
NewAgeOutlaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't try to do anything too flashy like loads of lens flares and blurs etc. they just ruin it pretty much. It kind of takes focus of the actual video if you get what I'm saying? I would probably just go with, as said by the person above, some simple things like colour correction and maybe some slow motion/speeding up when necessary etc. Also, use transitions for a smoother flow. Just these simple things will make the video look more appealing than loads of flashy effects.

And if you need tutorials you can easily just look up tutorials for your version of Sony Vegas. Most of them cover the same thing and you'll find tutorials of one thing in Sony Vegas too, e.g. If you need a tutorial on how to add transitions just search up 'How to add transitions in Sony Vegas (whatever version you have)'

Good luck! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed