Yume
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So basically if I take 6th form I will take Physics, I.T, Maths and Chemistry for my A levels. This way I will have a wide variety of subjects and I will be open for a wide variety of careers (At least I think so). If I choose college I will take BTEC Extended Diploma for Information Technology Practitoners (Software Development and Web Technology) so I will take something which is more specific so I won't be open for a wide variety of careers like I would in 6th form. However if I were to go this direction, I would mostly do things I enjoy and am interested in. So which should I choose? There is always the possibility that I can go to 6th form right now and do my A levels and after that go to college to do that course. And finally after 4 years go to uni... I am seriously thinking that this would be the best option for me right now as I'm still not 100% sure about my career choice and I wouldn't mind having a career in physics if the I.T direction does not work out. I'm on a tight schedule now because I was originally going to go to 6th form but college only recently occurred to me... The year is starting soon and I still did not sign up for college if that's the better choice ;/ What do you guys suggest I should do?
hchesterton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be honest, I would say take the A Level route, especially as Maths and Physics are renowned to be very good A Levels to hold...but then again it does depend on if you have already worked out your specific career path and are adamant you are going to follow it! In that case go for the BTEC.
jfranks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i think go for 6th form.

i am gonna do Alevels this sept (history, philosophy, chem and eng lit) which i chose cos they are good for law BUT also keep my options open later if i change my mind over the next 2years
afterall we are only 16 so how are we meant to decide the rest of our lives + careers? and what to study for 4yrs at uni?
so dont go making any hasty last minute decisions cos u may not think it through and end up regretting it :/

do your Alevels then instead of doing ICT at college do it at uni
Yume
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My friend went to 6th form mainly because of Language problems and because he knew the teachers. He then went to college after that and says that 6th form was a waste of 2 years for him. He suggested me to go to college but I'm still not so sure if I shouldn't do it the way he did it... Because after all, even if he recommends me to go to college, he himself still got his A levels done which gives him that variety.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads