Shordaay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
title of lab is fluid and pressure
hypothesis: fluid pressure varies with size of opening
aim: to determine whether fluid pressure varies with size of opening

i need help with the expected results, discussion, variables: (manipulated, responding and constant), sources of error, limitations and precautions

would anyone plz help me in these areas plz??

to have an idea of what the lab looks like.. its a set up of 4 different regular shaped plastic containers with holes of radii 1mm, 5mm, 10mm and 20mm in each container such that the center of the hole is 5cm from the ground. im suppose to block the hole and fill the container completely then unblock the hole and measure the maximum distance the water reached.

one expected result i have so far is that the diameter is inversely proportional to the flow rate; the smaller the hole the further the water will go.
Shordaay
Rep:
?
for my limitations i have: altitude affects the distance travelled by the water.
the for precautions i have: it should be performed outside and wind might affect the distance travelled by the gush of water and leave the container empty.
for my variables i have: manipulated- the amount of water used, responding- the flow rate and the amounr of water released and for constant- the size of the holes, nature of the fluid
PerArduaAdAstra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There will definitely be uncertainty in measuring the radii of the holes and with the measurement of the hole height from the ground. You could also talk about uncertainty in "(un)blocking" the hole - have you thought about how you could do this accurately? Could you use electronic equipment to automatically do this for you?
ninja_pidgeon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shordaay)
title of lab is fluid and pressure
hypothesis: fluid pressure varies with size of opening
aim: to determine whether fluid pressure varies with size of opening

i need help with the expected results, discussion, variables: (manipulated, responding and constant), sources of error, limitations and precautions

would anyone plz help me in these areas plz??

to have an idea of what the lab looks like.. its a set up of 4 different regular shaped plastic containers with holes of radii 1mm, 5mm, 10mm and 20mm in each container such that the center of the hole is 5cm from the ground. im suppose to block the hole and fill the container completely then unblock the hole and measure the maximum distance the water reached.

one expected result i have so far is that the diameter is inversely proportional to the flow rate; the smaller the hole the further the water will go.
Haha I did this as part of my my advanced higher investigation. You should check out Bernoulli's equation as it explains a lot. I could email you the investigation if you want. It's about 50 pages long and got 24 out of 25, and has everything you need in it lol.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Shordaay
Rep:
?
no i cannot use anything electronic i dont think i can.. also yes i have thought about how i could do this accurately but i've been thinking what if i thought about it and then when i bring in the draft the teacher said that its unacceptable so im thinking outside of the box now
Shordaay
Rep:
?
@ninja_pidgeon that would be great and nice of you please send it
ninja_pidgeon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok I'll send you it tomorrow when im on my PC

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Shordaay
Rep:
?
ok cool thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
14.29%
They might tell the bully (2)
14.29%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
21.43%
It might lead to more bullying (3)
21.43%
There's nothing they could do (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads