sharon800
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I had this chemistry exam in may, and it went fine, but for two questions, each worthh 3 marks, I got over confident, and wrote answers which were opposite for each question! I scribbled it all out, and wrote in between the spaces and lines they provide us in exam papers! I'm scared now, will the examiner not understand what I've written? They scan the papers, so will the scanner like mess up what I've written in between the spaces of lines? I'm so worried, please help me
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pretty sure you'll be fine Even if not there is nothing that can be done so don't worry!
sharon800
Rep:
?
Have you ever done this in an exam?
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep loads!! More often then writing an answer in the right place. I tend to go on and on in mine

Do Not Worry! It's fine!!
sharon800
Rep:
?
Yeah I go on an on, infact I write around the barcodes :/
I'm so stupid, I just wish its all fine and the examiners can see what I've written! Stupid scanner
pseudonymegg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the paper is scanned in to the markers. The entire page is scanned in, except for the border which tells you 'don't write here' , so as long as you wrote on the page and not in the border, It will get marked.
sharon800
Rep:
?
My exam paper had like 4 bracket things round the page [ - looks like throughout the whole paper - each in 4 corners...I wrote beyond that, will they mark that down
Snakefingers13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on the exam board. For AQA, if you write outside the border the examiner can't actually see your writing on the computer program they use for marking. I am told however that if you show clearly that you've written outside the border (by a note inside) then proper procedure is for the examiner to 'escalate' that to a senior examiner who can access a physical copy of the script.

Whether or not they'll actually bother is something else entirely, as they don't get paid for each question they escalate, whereas they'll get paid for ignoring the crudely drawn arrows indicating writing outside the area and giving the answer zero marks.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
sharon800
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snakefingers13)
Depends on the exam board. For AQA, if you write outside the border the examiner can't actually see your writing on the computer program they use for marking. I am told however that if you show clearly that you've written outside the border (by a note inside) then proper procedure is for the examiner to 'escalate' that to a senior examiner who can access a physical copy of the script.

Whether or not they'll actually bother is something else entirely, as they don't get paid for each question they escalate, whereas they'll get paid for ignoring the crudely drawn arrows indicating writing outside the area and giving the answer zero marks.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
the exam i did was OCR salters B chemistry...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads