Sudden irregular late periods? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm getting a little worried...
So for the last three months my periods have been very irregular... at least 9 days late each month!
Yes, I am counting the days correctly (usually I have never been wrong and they where always very regular before this).
I am not under any stress or worries... I have just finished college and I'm getting ready for uni with has been the most un-stressful time in three years, finally finished exams, I'm not working, just relaxing for the summer! My boyfriend will be coming to Uni with me, so no nerves about being on my own.
I am not on any contraceptives, we use condom... although I was set to start the Mini pill on the first day of my next period (which is 9 days late already) :/
I am not pregnant, as I have taken multiple tests, and I've been getting periods.. they are just being veryyyy late
I am always tired in the evenings now, which is not normal either!
No changes to my diet/exercise.

I have booked an appointment for Wednesday in my Doctor, but I am just wondering what you guys think? Anything you can think it might be? Should I be very concerned? I am 19... My periods are usually very regular, the only history i have or irregular periods is when i was 16 and had an eating disorder, they stopped for a whole year, but as soon as i put on weight and became healthy again they came right back and nothing changed since. I am not underweight right now, I am perfectly healthy.
Sophiemaybabe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it oculd just be your body, i doubt its anything major but dont think about it until you see the doctor

xx
Skwee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your GP will be able to assess your situation better, but try not to worry too much for the time being - it doesn't sound like anything of major concern. Sometimes menstrual cycles just go funny every once in a while! The "28 days" cycle isn't actually some sort of "compulsory" cycle length - it's just an average. So don't worry for now! Hope that helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads