Jammie_x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hello.
well i have applied for my accommodation for Birmingham city university quite a while back and i have received my qualifications before 16th August (got certificates through post) - since it was a BTEC course I did at college and not AS/A Levels. I was wondering do I still have to wait until 16th August until i know about my accomodation? Do they send an email?

I am quite an impatient person - not going to lie.. so i am now wondering if perhaps I should apply for a flat instead? Perhaps I will get on better with people there? then the other accomodation places? (I dunno, always got on better with men then women - i think its just a general worry about making new friends since coming from Lincolnshire) Anyway, what is your opinion - you think a flat would be better then the accomodation what BCU is providing? Would you be saving costs?

Im guessing this question is to people already there but let me know on your opinions all the same. Cheers.
CharlotteEGreen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey,I did a BTEC course as well Once BCU have confimed your place (will change on UCAS to Unconditional) You should get an e-mail from the accomodation officers with your room that your being offered. That was what happened with me, but you wont get an accomodation offer until your place has been changed from conditional to unconditional. Also if your not from the area it might be easier if your in campus accomodation, that way you can get to know the area, Just my thoughts on it, thats why im going into university halls Hope it helps a little xx
djhebk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I ended up going through a private company, Hamstead Campus. I have really enjoyed living there and when i have spoken to friends i think it is a bit cheaper too Obviously depends where you will be based, but the campus isn't far from Perry Barr. Everyone there is really friendly and there are some good facilities too (pub, gym, shop)
Got it sorted in no time and meant i didn't have to wait to hear from the uni...
TanyaAyaz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, these guys are really friendly and helpful. The 5 bedroom flats are really nice and they've got their own living room with a flat screen! Was so excited when I went to view this place. Maybe you should have a look if you get a chance?

(Original post by djhebk)
I ended up going through a private company, Hamstead Campus. I have really enjoyed living there and when i have spoken to friends i think it is a bit cheaper too Obviously depends where you will be based, but the campus isn't far from Perry Barr. Everyone there is really friendly and there are some good facilities too (pub, gym, shop)
Got it sorted in no time and meant i didn't have to wait to hear from the uni...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed