Depression..worse when on my period is it nor Watch

lilyxx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Please if you read this thanks for any advice you can give me but i feel like no one will understand me .i dont kno i just felt i needed to post this and get it over with.

Im 18, and for about the past 4 years ive always very depressed with so many things (not having true friends, confidence issues and judging how i look etc). It made me want to end my life so many times. Sometimes my mood was able to switch in a matter of minutes from good to bad. I eventually got over it myself and during i didnt speak to my parents, friends or doctors etc. (spoke to the doctor briefly but wasnt much help)*

Now, around december and january time these feelings came back and making me not want to leave the house or anything..simple things can spur this on such as seeing how happy other people are, rude customers at work or thinking about times around christmas when i got extremely drunk and my family make jokes about it ALL the time which is making me apprehensive about coming home from uni for xmas.
Ive also sorter realised that i feel worse when im on my period? Im not on the pill or anything but is this normal?

Whats wrong with me?
AlmostChicGeek
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's normal to feel more depressed during TOTM because of all the hormones that are rushing around, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, at least that is what I have been told.

Are you on any medicines or contraceptives like the pill or anything? Sometimes depression can be a side effect of different medicines, particularly hormonal ones. I myself have been depressed, and have found that the mini pill was a big contributing factor, due to chemical imbalances,it made me feel much worse.

!I was depressed according to my doctor but the hormones made it worse, so it's just a thought.

I would go see your GP to try and get things sorted, change if the one you went to see last time didn't help you. You can and should take control of how you are feeling, I know it is difficult but if you can you will feel so much better for it.

If you can, talk to a trusted friend or family member about how you are feeling so they can support you.

Remember, you have the power to change things, whether that is through finding medicine that will help, or even just getting suppport from someone so that you can face up to what is depressing you! Please don't let your depression control your life, because you do have the power to change it.

Good luck, and PM me if you want to talk xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads