Co-Op Night Driving - Weekly or Occasionally Watch

MrWhosane
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
When filling in my insurance quote details, I've put my details as occasional night driving. I will be driving in the night say once every two weeks. If something pops up and I have to go somewhere past 11pm meaning I take the car once a week for a couple of weeks, should I write I drive at night weekly?

If I do, it raises my insurance by £100. If I write occasional, and I happen to go out more than 'occasionally' does it affect the dashboard score?

I'm getting quoted £1400 on a 2.0l Vectra diesel, and it rises to £1500 with weekly night driving.
Jaayson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MrWhosane)
When filling in my insurance quote details, I've put my details as occasional night driving. I will be driving in the night say once every two weeks. If something pops up and I have to go somewhere past 11pm meaning I take the car once a week for a couple of weeks, should I write I drive at night weekly?

If I do, it raises my insurance by £100. If I write occasional, and I happen to go out more than 'occasionally' does it affect the dashboard score?

I'm getting quoted £1400 on a 2.0l Vectra diesel, and it rises to £1500 with weekly night driving.
Occasional will be ok as far as i am aware. 2/3 nights a month isn't exactly that often. £1400 in a 2.0l, whats made that so cheap? a 1.4 is £1600 for me.

How many named drivers you got on? and how many miles have you said your doing?
MrWhosane
Rep:
?
I've got 1 additional driver, my mum.

Put her down as 8-10k, and myself as 0-1k.

Myself as occasional driving, and my mum as weekly.
Jaayson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MrWhosane)
I've got 1 additional driver, my mum.

Put her down as 8-10k, and myself as 0-1k.

Myself as occasional driving, and my mum as weekly.
Have you tried adding 2, if so was it more/less? I only did one quick quote. With myself low mileage and my mom and uncle with higher mileage.
MrWhosane
Rep:
?
I have yeah. If I add a male driver who is driving at night regardless of age, it goes up. If a woman, it stays the same. It's also worth noting that if your additional driver(s) are female, it makes more of a price difference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads