The Student Room Group

Finding muscular men attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yung Mon£y

So you're saying if he was infront of you, it'd be off putting? :K:

Um, yes? :colondollar: He doesn't particularly do anything for me, he has too much muscle for my taste.
Reply 241
Original post by RachelSophia
I don't think you either have a six pack or you're fat/skinny but you all sound like you know what you're talking about haha

This is 100 times hotter:
chris_bolton_wax_before_353_353x470.jpg

Than every one of these:
6 pack abs - 2.jpg

Who wants a guy who looks like he's been photoshoped?

:confused:
Original post by sucess
fat belly or six pack which would you take

Do you mean a belly with a little fat or a giant beer belly reminiscent of my dad's? And I said a six-pack too defined is off-putting, certainly a slight muscle definition would be attractive.
Original post by ct2k7
brb swimmers.

I wasn't thinking of swimmers.
Original post by ct2k7
Yes, you should marry her.

Are you seriously going to tell your future wife not to get fat?

No; I shouldn't have to. If she sees no problem with being gluttonous then I want nothing to do with her.
Original post by desdemonata
Um, yes? :colondollar: He doesn't particularly do anything for me, he has too much muscle for my taste.

What shape are you in? :holmes:
Can't you have a low body fat % and not a six pack

Kinda. But six packs are just abdominal muscles on display, because fat is not covering them. You could have huge abdominal muscles, but if you have a layer of fat over them, nobody will see them. Whilst a person with almost no body fat and small abdominals will have six pack, as there is very little is covering their muscles.

I just dont like them. Not really fussed about jaw lines haha

You probably are. Atleast, if you even remotely care about a man's face, which you in all probability do, then you will not like a fat face. Can you think of any guys you know who are fat, who also have attractive??????
Original post by Classical Liberal
Kinda. But six packs are just abdominal muscles on display, because fat is not covering them. You could have huge abdominal muscles, but if you have a layer of fat over them, nobody will see them. Whilst a person with almost no body fat and small abdominals will have six pack, as there is very little is covering their muscles.

You probably are. Atleast, if you even remotely care about a man's face, which you in all probability do, then you will not like a fat face. Can you think of any guys you know who are fat, who also have attractive??????

I thought so!
I was going to say i know guys who work out all the time and tried for ages to get six packs but couldn't. I've always thought that some men can and some can't

Like some women can tone their stomachs and some can't
Original post by Aisha~~
16 at 5'8 is pretty sizable. Zyzz was rocking 17's at 6'1.

I think I may have mild body dysmorphia in that case haha.
Reply 249
6 packs are made in the kitchen.
If you have a high percentage of body fat you wont see your abs no matter how much you train them.
As for women of course anyone can 'tone' their stomach you just have to have the right balance of diet and exercise
I thought so!
I was going to say i know guys who work out all the time and tried for ages to get six packs but couldn't. I've always thought that some men can and some can't

Like some women can tone their stomachs and some can't

They are just doing it wrong.

All women can tone their stomachs. They just need low body fat and good posture (posture being something 99% of people overlook).
What shape are you in? :holmes:

I'm not fit, but I'm closer to underweight than over. -gasps- Maybe I'll break all the rules of society and tell you my weight: 103 pounds.
Original post by Classical Liberal
They are just doing it wrong.

All women can tone their stomachs. They just need low body fat and good posture (posture being something 99% of people overlook).

Not all women can. If a woman gains some weight then loses it they may not be able to ever tone their stomach. The same if she ever has kids too... but men dont have kids so that is irrelevant.

Maybe it's something to do with excess skin more than body fat... but still their stomachs don't look toned. And i know that for a fact as my cousin lost quite a bit and now weighs like 48kg because of her personal trainer. She's skinny but can't get any definition really
Not all women can. If a woman gains some weight then loses it they may not be able to ever tone their stomach. The same if she ever has kids too... but men dont have kids so that is irrelevant.

Maybe it's something to do with excess skin more than body fat... but still their stomachs don't look toned. And i know that for a fact as my cousin lost quite a bit and now weighs like 48kg because of her personal trainer. She's skinny but can't get any definition really

Yeah, excess skin is not going to help at all. Let me put it this way. There is no genetic reason why a women cannot get a "toned" stomach. All this body type nonsense, is just a bad excuse. Better to just be honest :tongue:
Reply 254
Original post by desdemonata
I wasn't thinking of swimmers.

Thrn you were thinking of...

No; I shouldn't have to. If she sees no problem with being gluttonous then I want nothing to do with her.

I haven't seen anyone try to do this in practice.
Original post by Jammie_x
This one is more for the women: do you find muscular men attractive? For me, its been very rare when i have saw someone or been attracted to someone because they have "muscles." Its not really a "must have" for me. I personally dont like men who are too muscular but its okay if have a bit of muscle. I don't like too skinny guys either..

What is your opinion upon this question?

yes muscles are great and are hot. It's a dream guy thing for girls obviously.. just like guys dream of girls with a big ass or boobs.

Sounds like your cousin needs to build some ab muscle.
Reply 257

How much a woman weighs bears no relevence to how flat her stomach is.
I weigh 60kg and have a flat toned stomach.
Original post by tomatoslayer
as long as I don't undergo asphyxiation if I want a hug, s'all good in the hood :smile:

hahaha! ^^ (no rep) :frown:
Original post by ct2k7
Thrn you were thinking of...

Hmmm. Rugby players. Not the tanks, the runners. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest