The Student Room Group

Finding muscular men attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by boba
yeah to be honest I think I would find the body of the average guy who lifts but isn't to big than that guys body. I find how pronounced his "V" is kinda creepy to be honest and I'm guessing thats a body fat thing?

Combination of bodyfat % and oblique development.

Reply 21
Original post by Wilfred Little

really not a fan:no:
Original post by Jammie_x
This one is more for the women: do you find muscular men attractive? For me, its been very rare when i have saw someone or been attracted to someone because they have "muscles." Its not really a "must have" for me. I personally dont like men who are too muscular but its okay if have a bit of muscle. I don't like too skinny guys either..

What is your opinion upon this question?

Clearly steroid guys won't be attractive to most women, but as for muscular guys being attractive; it always depends on what fitness the girl is in and how attractive they are. For some reason the ugly and/or fat girls never like athletic men :rolleyes:
Original post by de_monies

Besides, I thought that most women would like something like this?

I don't really like the sticky out thing that happens to a guys pecs when they get beefed up. They look like boobs.
Bear in mind TSR is full of teenage girls that hang around with skinny guys, so any form of gym work and they'd think a guy is "bulky." No offence, not many grown women on here (ie in their 20's).
Reply 25

There is something about a muscular man like that that just screams I have a good huge cock don't know why. The v thing just makes it seem that way.

The v thing is weird. It make him look like some kind of jointed Ken doll.
Reply 27
Original post by silent ninja
Bear in mind TSR is full of teenage girls that hang around with skinny guys, so any form of gym work and they'd think a guy is "bulky." No offence, not many grown women on here (ie in their 20's).

Aah. Skinny guys do nothing for me, nor do I hang around any particularly .
Yes
Abercrombie-ad.jpg

no
2010_8_6-2010_8_6_9_35_29-jpg-20598.jpg
Original post by Historophilia

I agree with you, it's off-putting :s-smilie:
Reply 30
Original post by lilabs
There is something about a muscular man like that that just screams I have a good huge cock don't know why. The v thing just makes it seem that way.

I'd have thought the opposite, as if they felt they had to make up for something by getting massive, same way a lot of bodybuilders are below average height. No disrespect to anyone intended here, as I train myself, mainly for strength and general build though rather than getting a six pack or any of that.
Reply 31
Original post by Jono404
I'd have thought the opposite, as if they felt they had to make up for something by getting massive, same way a lot of bodybuilders are below average height. No disrespect to anyone intended here, as I train myself, mainly for strength and general build though rather than getting a six pack or any of that.

I see a lot more taller than average body builders than shorter than average bodybuilders

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:rofl::rofl::rofl: hahahah that's great!! such a likeness!!
Muscles aren't a must have for me. I don't really get the fascination with six packs?
Muscles can be attractive but not the massive, body builder type :tongue:
I prefer arms and shoulders when it comes to muscle, but it makes no difference to me :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by ct2k7
I see a lot more taller than average body builders than shorter than average bodybuilders

Actually yeah I probably used the wrong term, most serious lifters at my gym are over 6' I'd say, but the kids you see doing loads of types of curls, cable work and no legs who want to look like Hollister models are generally short, would you agree?
Reply 35
Original post by Jono404
Actually yeah I probably used the wrong term, most serious lifters at my gym are over 6' I'd say, but the kids you see doing loads of types of curls, cable work and no legs who want to look like Hollister models are generally short, would you agree?

Unfortunately I train with bodybuilders, as I do wrestling :/

But yeah, there are a lot of wannabes out there

Reply 36
Edit, I see a lot more tall wannabes than short ones, but the short ones are just as culprit able for compensating

Now see, I quite like that, but not as defined as that.
Maybe like Novak Djokovic's v shape, that's about right.
I think people get confused with men that are ripped and hence you can see their muscles, which everyone has, and actually muscly men.
it really doesn't bother me as long as it's OTT but for me i can take it or leave it... def NOT a prerequisite and like guys without the muscles as long as they aren't fat (no offense, not my preference).

Quick Reply

Latest