If no one is home... Watch

ThatGuyCalledMo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
...would/do you still close and lock the door of the toilet or shower if you were using them? Assuming, of course, that you do lock the doors behind you when you "go."

I probably seem really weird but it's just a random thought I had; if doors were made to create that barrier and to protect one's "dignity" or whatever. Then if no one is around, surely this barrier would no longer be needed. But personally, I always still do. Probably because it's become second nature.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Koralyn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always do, regardless of whether or not I'm alone at home. It's just routine. Never really thought about it, haha.
Derrick1509
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm gonna be alone at home for 5 weeks during the holidays cause I couldn't be bothered to go and I've to sort my uni applications out, etc.
Problems is though I get soo paranoid when I'm alone. Sometimes when our neighbour is walking downstairs and I hear it, I get scared and put the tv, phone whatever it is on mute . Some burglars broke in whilst no one was here so its justified right?

I also lock bathroom doors when I'm alone cause its become second nature, plus I check behind the shower curtain if someone is hiding there.

Dear god, I'm a mess :sigh:
Koralyn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Derrick1509)
I check behind the shower curtain if someone is hiding there.

I still do this... really should have stopped it once I hit the age of twelve. Can't help the paranoia though, ahaa.
yayifications
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always do. I don't do anything weird when I'm home alone in case someone randomly appears, which is virtually impossible because I live on a farm in a field in the middle of no where. I always close the bathroom door because my cats come in LOL.

Eljo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well it depends i live on my own so no one is around and i can tell you that most of the times i close the door unconsciously so yeah most of the time is something that we cannot control
ThatGuyCalledMo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Derrick1509)
I'm gonna be alone at home for 5 weeks during the holidays cause I couldn't be bothered to go and I've to sort my uni applications out, etc.
Problems is though I get soo paranoid when I'm alone. Sometimes when our neighbour is walking downstairs and I hear it, I get scared and put the tv, phone whatever it is on mute . Some burglars broke in whilst no one was here so its justified right?

I also lock bathroom doors when I'm alone cause its become second nature, plus I check behind the shower curtain if someone is hiding there.

I do this too haha. If I'm showering at night, I also get really anxious about having to close my eyes when I'm washing off shampoo in case something appears when I do (I always picture the girl from The Grudge!)

Derrick1509
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ThatGuyCalledMo)
I do this too haha. If I'm showering at night, I also get really anxious about having to close my eyes when I'm washing off shampoo in case something appears when I do (I always picture the girl from The Grudge!)

Exactly. A few weeks ago I was home alone and thought to myself ' why not watch a movie?' Stupidly enough I watched Insidious in thr evening. In the middle of the night I woke up, but was scared to move cause I thought the guy would notice and take me. :facepalm:

How embarassing is that?
twinlensreflex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Always. Just in case someone breaks in or something. :ninja:
username919394
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I always do, I hate showering when I'm home alone. I always think of the shower scene from Psycho
bellazz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i always do the same
Georgiina_Tee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol, ive noticed more and more often i walk naked to and from the laundry room and my bed room when ironing my clothes even though my mums in her room and my brother downstairs, so i doubt anything would change
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads