University of Sheffield or Greenwich? Watch

rabea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've gotten unconditional offers from both uni's for landscape architecture and I'm having trouble deciding..I know Sheffield is better in the ranks, but if anyone has any advice or has been to either uni's I'd appreciate hearing from you. : )
Moonkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My friend does Architecture there and just graduated. He rates it very highly. Also student life there is amazing.
fl4mers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to Sheffield and loved it! I even know someone who did landscape architecture and he loved it too. I'd suggest visiting both cities and deciding how you feel about each city/uni after that. At the end of the day you'll have to spend several years there, so you'd better like it! But Sheffield is definitely a good choice in terms of being a good university, being in a great student city and having a relatively cheap cost of living. I'd definitely choose Sheffield over Greenwich all over again, but that's just my opinion. Greenwich students may disagree.
Elphamouche
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rabea)
I've gotten unconditional offers from both uni's for landscape architecture and I'm having trouble deciding..I know Sheffield is better in the ranks, but if anyone has any advice or has been to either uni's I'd appreciate hearing from you. : )
It really depends what you want out of uni - is nightlife a massive thing?

If so I would probably say choose Sheffield. Yes, Greenwich is in London and you are only half an hour away from central, but unfortunately if you end up friends with people who can't be arsed to go into central you will end up getting stuck in/not going a lot of the time.

I am at Greenwich and my best friend is at Sheffield Hallam. I love Greenwich - I like that I'm far enough from the nightlife not to be bothered all the time, but I'm close enough that when I want to go out I can.

Sheffield is also a lot cheaper than Greenwich, the cost of living is reduced massively.

It completely depends on what you want.

Greenwich is beautiful and you have the city on your door step, but it depends what you are after..

Amy
Jodielol
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm having the same problem but with Greenwich and Westminster. The Greenwich campus is beautiful though.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
alexkol
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sheffield with no doudt!!!!!
The course is much better and Sheffield has a really good reputation overall !
Chapeau Rouge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You would be a fool to pick Greenwich.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
21.74%
No (36)
78.26%

Watched Threads