Cheapest Travel Options? Watch

Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey Guys;

Well, I'm going out later today with friends and I don't know how many buses I will be needing. I don't have an 18+ on me so I was wondering what would be the cheapest option for me to get around on buses for the day (tfl buses).

Thanks.
I don't suppose there is a day pass I could get at all for buses? =l
Intriguing Alias
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You need an oyster card or it'll be quite expensive. If you get an oyster card then charges are capped at £4.20 per day. If you don't have a card then it's £2.30 per single trip.

(This is all assuming you're talking about London.)
Robertall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get an oyster card. Quick easy and cheapest method.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by hassi94)
You need an oyster card or it'll be quite expensive. If you get an oyster card then charges are capped at £4.20 per day. If you don't have a card then it's £2.30 per single trip.

(This is all assuming you're talking about London.)
Yeah, I have an oyster (which student doesn't?) and also, do I just top it up with £4.20 and leave it at that or more?
Intriguing Alias
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Yeah, I have an oyster (which student doesn't?) and also, do I just top it up with £4.20 and leave it at that or more?
I believe so, just leave it at that. I don't live in London though so it would be good if someone would clarify for you, though.
colef001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hassi94)
I believe so, just leave it at that. I don't live in London though so it would be good if someone would clarify for you, though.
I think you're right. I used to travel quite a bit in London and I think a single trip with an Oyster is £1.30 (or something like that) and then it's capped at £4.20
The Optimistic Ram
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
I have an oyster (which student doesn't?)
Those who don't live in London...

I have a Mango card (which student doesn't?). Same odds really, some people have to realise not everyone lives in London.

Specifying your location would have helped on your original post. You could get a zig zag ticket if you're in Derbyshire on a Trent Barton bus...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads