mohammedali11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
can my manager at sainsbury stop me from drinking water at the checkout during the month of ramadan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yes.
Tycho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, your manager can. Drinking water at a checkout has a few potential pitfalls: you could spill it on the checkout, computer, customers' items. In any of these cases it could be extremely annoying.
pineapple86
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You shouldn't be drinking water during the day anyway during ramadan.
mohammedali11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I mean when I am going to open my fast I dont get a break because I only work 4 hours per shift so if I had water it would stop my fast from becomingh invalid also I have seen plenty of the other workers drinking water at their checkou so I dont think this is fair to be honest
pineapple86
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have you asked him if you can to break your fast? I work for a well known supermarket and they let me have a drink behind the till to break my fast if its busy and i cant take a break. But usually they'll let me take my break to break my fast. My manager doesnt mind me having a drink behind the till anyway because its really warm.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Scatach
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Surely he'd rather allow you water than have you faint from dehydration in this weather?
Sazzy890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In general, employers can't stop you from drinking water. They could stop you from drinking around certain equipment like computers etc, but due to the risk of dehydration etc it is essential to be able to have a drink, you may just need to do it elsewhere in the shop. It's up to you whether you wish to fast during ramadan or not though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.18%
No (232)
75.82%

Watched Threads