homayoun
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hi
heres some of my drawings:

http://homiesharre.deviantart.com/gallery/38253844
some of them are copies from others (no tracing), the coloured ones are my own .
im starting uni next year and i want to apply for architecture, because i love drawing buildings. but i also love drawing everything else, like a human, a funny face, a fit body , a gorgeous car , an animal, but the thing is i suck at drawing, i got zero imagination.
please give me some tips, hints , guides , watever that can help.
msas1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey
i think you do have potential at drawing, but what you need to understand is that drawing is one of the most important means of understanding (should it be a structure, the perspective when seeing buildings, a composition, etc), thus when you draw portraits or nudes for example, you need to draw the internal structure and the masses of the body - that's how you learn to see the connection and coherence in things, how the details add up the whole, and how parts of something work together. (i hope it doesn't sound too conceptual, i just can't explain it any better. it is a straightforward thing, really)
your drawings now are a bit more adapt to a graphic design or animation course, but if you are interested in architecture it can be easily changed.
you should find a drawing course now, where you get instructions, but i think it's gonna be easy for you. and you're gonna have a really good time, i know i had!

hope this helps!
Gilgamesh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Some of your pieces on there are a little crude (evil, animal skull), but others I love (skull, painted background). I think you ought to take a less cartoony approach to drawing skulls, and focus more on the anatomical, more accurate drawing of the skull. Then you may take those skills and knowledge in any style you like.
Pinkhead
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try to spend a bit more time on your drawings.
Your work consists mostly of quick sketches (they aren't bad) and in order to develop your technical pencil skills, you need to practise on more detailed work.
Try and draw something complex, even a portrait would do. Spend AT LEAST 10+ hours on the drawing. If you finish in a couple of hours, then do another one and spend even longer on it. Time spent on a drawing doesn't automatically make it better, but it gives you a rough idea of how good it's going to be.
By this, I don't mean spend try to make things unnecessarily longer by re-shading the same stuff, but instead spend more time focusing on the details, like pores on the skin and acne/ wrinkles.
Of course, this is a lot easier said than done, but with practice you can get better.
This will improve your patience and your ability to look at the minute details that others would have missed, and will make you better technically.
Imagination comes with your ability to draw. The better you are, the more things you can accomplish, and the more ideas you can get as you gain experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads