What Career/Professions can Graduate's earn 'Wild Salarys' Watch

Lilahx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Would it be Banking/Finance? I'm only interested in a degree which will guarantee a profitable return.
roh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Generally if you get high you can earn quite a lot, for example if you join the grad scheme of a supermarket and make it to something senior at Head Office you'll be making a lot of money.

Starting your own business and making it very successful is probably the most common way to extreme wealth, but obviously there is a lot of risk attached to that in terms of bankruptcy etc.

Banking and Finance may be the next the most obvious, but the attrition rate is very high in finance in the City by all accounts.

Liberal professions such Law and Accountancy see quite a few wealthy individuals and Law has a few who make 1 million plus, but these are very much the exception and getting there is very hard. Given you're struggling with apostrophes Law may not be ideal

The oil industry is one which regularly pays high salaries if you're interested in that. Ditto diamond/precious metals/phosphate etc. mining, though often these require you to work away from home for long periods.

In terms of 'guaranteed' money purely by virtue of having a particular degree then Medicine/Dentistry/Vet are the obvious ones as the numbers taking them are capped by the government. However, the money Doctors earn for the responsibility they have isn't particularly stratospheric.

And of course there is quick, big money in human trafficking, sex trafficking, drug running, drug dealing, doing bank jobs and other well known crimes!

In short you can make a lot of money if you want. However you will have to work very hard throughout your life, likely sacrifice other things in order to do so and getting a particular degree is never a one way ticket to some megabucks job, though it can of course help set you on that path.
chiligrinder
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dealing cocaine on a global scale.
Lilahx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by chiligrinder)
:mad:
Agenda Suicide
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just to add it really depends on the individual.

I know somebody who went to a pretty good uni to do accounting and has a good job, but nothing special and somebody who dropped out of uni but because of their experience, persistence and skills has a great job and they earn a bucket load.
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've found a good profession for you OP:
Spoiler:
Show
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/gold_digger.jpg
And no degree is required either.
StudentNeedingHelp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Become a footballer
TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lilahx)
Would it be Banking/Finance? I'm only interested in a degree which will guarantee a profitable return.
Then you may as well give up now.
shake_it
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chiligrinder)
Alternatively, there's also gun dealing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Bout
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads