Are there any first years NOT living in halls? Watch

kiai8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm wondering because I really really really really don't want to go to halls, last year it was awful and I'd rather share a house with other first years instead.
AT1719
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
im going to opal one (foundation student)..hope fresher would be the same for us non hallers
kiai8
Rep:
?
(Original post by AT1719)
im going to opal one (foundation student)..hope fresher would be the same for us non hallers
I thought Opal 1 was halls? :P That's just the impression I got because I passed it every day :P I meant people going into houses
AT1719
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kiai8)
I thought Opal 1 was halls? :P That's just the impression I got because I passed it every day :P I meant people going into houses
hahah no its not considered as one of the uni halls...private accommodation so its like living at home.

Where will you be staying ?
MKZebra
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not going to be in halls, I'm sharing a house with some other students and my sister. It's a lot cheaper. I had a look at the price of halls and it was ridiculous, and I wasn't even looking at catered.
Meat is Murder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just secured a flat in the Lace Market I'm a 'mature' student apparently. I think halls would have been my worst nightmare!
Coda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You only get one chance to live in halls, I really regretted not pushing to try to get a place in halls.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
B.angeL_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
HEY GUYS!!

If anyone is firming Nottingham or because of results have now decided they are going to notts and is still in need of accommodation, I have a place in Manor Villages which is private accommodation, bigger than halls!! And a 5 minute walk from the Jubilee Campus!! I am going into my 2nd year and don't need this accommodation for next year anymore because I am living in town and really really need to offer the room to someone else!!

It is a double room with 3 bathrooms in the flat - sharing between 6 people so one bathroom between two which is really good!!

Because I need to offer it to someone asap I am willing to knock off the deposit price of £250 for anyone who needs a room desperately and you will just have to pay the rental price for the flat room!!

Below is a link for the Manor Villages website:

http://www.manorvillages.co.uk/

Please please email me at [email protected]
or contact me on 07956657325 if you are interested

Thanksss Anjali
moorbre
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not going to be staying in halls, I have booked with manor villages, its bout 10 mins from my campus cheaper and the people have been nice when i have contacted them and i don't have to move out every break
kiai8
Rep:
?
(Original post by Coda)
You only get one chance to live in halls, I really regretted not pushing to try to get a place in halls.

I totally understand your view point, but I lived in halls last year for the first term and hated it. I guess I was just put off by it :P I like my quiet, I'm a little old lady

I'm living with my boyfriend in Beeston, like a 10-15 min walk from uni
hjradley1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kiai8)
I totally understand your view point, but I lived in halls last year for the first term and hated it. I guess I was just put off by it :P I like my quiet, I'm a little old lady

I'm living with my boyfriend in Beeston, like a 10-15 min walk from uni
Im gonna live with my boyfriend in beeston too!

kiai8
Rep:
?
(Original post by hjradley1)
Im gonna live with my boyfriend in beeston too!

are you a first year?
hjradley1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kiai8)
are you a first year?
Yeah you?

OhNuts
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am also living in Beeston, I did a prelim year last year so am a first year too.
hjradley1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by OhNuts)
I am also living in Beeston, I did a prelim year last year so am a first year too.
Where abouts in Beeston?

OhNuts
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where abouts in Beeston?

Just across the A52, it's kind of between Bramcote and Beeston. How about you? Is your boyfriend at uni too?
hjradley1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just across the A52, it's kind of between Bramcote and Beeston. How about you? Is your boyfriend at uni too?
Ah right I'm in the Lenton Abbey area, not far from the west entrance or BGP no he's not, he works full time

OhNuts
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah right I'm in the Lenton Abbey area, not far from the west entrance or BGP no he's not, he works full time

Handy for you then! I ride through that way on my way in, nearly looked at a house there but found this one first. What are you studying? I'm doing pharmacy.
hjradley1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Handy for you then! I ride through that way on my way in, nearly looked at a house there but found this one first. What are you studying? I'm doing pharmacy.
Yeah I wanted to be within walking distance aah right, awesome I'm doing psychology

simon.h
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm staying in a private apartment so I can have somewhere that's quiet when I need to get work done, they'll be plenty of non halls events anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed