Feeling uncomfortable about bf's dirty past Watch

Digital_Love
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I feel really uncomfortable about the fact my bf watched the whole graphic event his ex giving birth to his child when he was 20 (he's 38, I'm 24), since I've never even got close enough to a person to consider getting pregnant!! In fact, I could be jealous in a way cuz it seems such a dirty thing to watch, or maybe I'm scared of it - I feel all those things. I don't know how to deal with it, as he obviously had something more with his ex than he does with me. I'm also scared of the fact he could have experienced deeper love with an ex than with me. It's making me really sad, as we've been together 4 years and i need to decide what i want longterm- half of me wants him forever, the other half is scared of his past. I really need to talk to someone about this problem, and since I feel pretty closed off about talking to my parents about the topic I hope I can clear a few things on here... it's really important to me.
conniebee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A. They are now exes for a reason. Obviously something didn't work out, that's why he's with you. There may have been a time when they were in love, but they're not now. He's with you, he has been for 4 years. At the looks of it, they've been split for 18 years, yes?

B. Yes, birth isn't a particularly 'pretty' thing, but that's his child, he helped to create it, there's nothing weird in watching it being born. It's not a dirty thing, it's natural and some may say beautiful. I'd possibly say you're just nervous or scared about it for when you eventually (may) decide to have children.

C. His past is his past. You can't change it. But remember he has moved on, he is with you. He has been with you for a considerable amount of time, that surely counts for something?
MancBoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How is watching the birth of your child a 'dirty' thing? :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads