missed IB offer, do i still have a chance? Watch

Pan-Asianism
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I got a conditional offer (30 IB points) to do American Literature & Creative Writing at University of Kent.

However, due to my school's lack of experience in the IB system (not to mention the inconsistency in teaching staff ) got my grades to plummet greatly after our IB exams. I ended up with 25 IB points (including the additional 1 point from my TOK essay)

I sent an email to the head of english department asking her what my chances are in getting accepted despite my missed offer, she told me that she is unable to make a decision until she receives the breakdown of my results.

My question is: Should I call the department up despite already receiving my answer and plead my case or should I just wait for A-levels result day? Or any other suggestions? Thank you!
Vulpes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pan-Asianism)
I got a conditional offer (30 IB points) to do American Literature & Creative Writing at University of Kent.

However, due to my school's lack of experience in the IB system (not to mention the inconsistency in teaching staff ) got my grades to plummet greatly after our IB exams. I ended up with 25 IB points (including the additional 1 point from my TOK essay)

I sent an email to the head of english department asking her what my chances are in getting accepted despite my missed offer, she told me that she is unable to make a decision until she receives the breakdown of my results.

My question is: Should I call the department up despite already receiving my answer and plead my case or should I just wait for A-levels result day? Or any other suggestions? Thank you!
You should call up the university immediately and see if they will be willing to consider your application on A-levels results day, depending on the other applicants. This way, you will give yourself a lot more time to prep for clearing than if you waited till results day.
Pan-Asianism
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
You should call up the university immediately and see if they will be willing to consider your application on A-levels results day, depending on the other applicants. This way, you will give yourself a lot more time to prep for clearing than if you waited till results day.
Thank you for the reply!

The thing is, I have already sent them an email asking them if they are willing to reconsider my application despite my missed offer but they told me they can't make the decision until my results breakdown. Wouldn't it be an annoyance to them if I called to ask the same question I have already gotten an answer to? :confused:
Vulpes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you for the reply!

The thing is, I have already sent them an email asking them if they are willing to reconsider my application despite my missed offer but they told me they can't make the decision until my results breakdown. Wouldn't it be an annoyance to them if I called to ask the same question I have already gotten an answer to? :confused:
Can't you email them your results breakdown? As you missed it by 5 points, the chances of them accepting you are slim I'm afraid. :sadnod:
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you for the reply!

Get your school to send them the results breakdown and ask them to explain any problems with teaching disruptions that might have dragged your grades down. That way they get what they need AND they get some extenuating circumstances from an independent source
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads