The Student Room Group

How many people have you ever liked?

Scroll to see replies

1 and she got away...lets hope I find another one soon.
Reply 21
Original post by Menefrego88
1 and she got away...lets hope I find another one soon.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahha3Cqe_fk

I'm sorry, I had too :colonhash:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Mmm. I'll try and count.

2 I've seriously liked, and 1 I still do,
Around 6 I've liked.

I'm the sort that will continue to like someone until I generally cut ties or just don't see, then another generally replaces that.
Reply 23
Strong enough to remember? Four - two year 8/9, one year 10 which was my ex and one from about October which is kinda dying off.
(edited 11 years ago)
4 or so really strong ones, nothing ever happened with any of them :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Assuming you just mean really strong crushes, probably 5?

1 from school, 2 from college, 1 from work and my current girlfriend who I met at uni :smile:
Reply 26
Not counting celebrities, about 4. Nothing ever happened/ is happening with them.

If you factor in celebrities, then I'd say around 50 :/
I've only genuinely liked 3 guys. I went to a girls school, so didn't really know a lot of guys before starting uni!
Reply 28
Original post by I love shopping
I've only genuinely liked 3 guys. I went to a girls school, so didn't really know a lot of guys before starting uni!

Same! Being at girls school didn't really teach me the best way to behave around boys I like :s-smilie:
Original post by Toniaa
Same! Being at girls school didn't really teach me the best way to behave around boys I like :s-smilie:

I couldn't agree more! Looking back, I made such a fool of myself around the first guy I liked at uni. I still cringe thinking about it! :redface:
Reply 30
I also went to a same sex secondary school. I didn't really get much chance to hang around with girls after Junior school, until college which was also mixed.
I've liked loads but I tend to move on quite quickly.

Only one that I had and lost and wished I never liked in the first place :3
Reply 32
Hmm, a million?

Serious crushes though... there's one that really stands out more than the others, I liked him so much for years and years, nothing much came of it, then one day I woke up and it was gone.
Reply 33
I couldn't agree more! Looking back, I made such a fool of myself around the first guy I liked at uni. I still cringe thinking about it! :redface:

Aww! If it makes you feel any better. I seem to drunk text this one guy I quite like right now all the time. Aaand this probably isn't going to make him like me at all. Hopefully at uni next year I'll be able to have a proper conversation and not act like I'm insane or something :s-smilie:
Original post by Toniaa
Aww! If it makes you feel any better. I seem to drunk text this one guy I quite like right now all the time. Aaand this probably isn't going to make him like me at all. Hopefully at uni next year I'll be able to have a proper conversation and not act like I'm insane or something :s-smilie:

Oh dear! Have you been saying embarrassing stuff?
Haha I'm sure you don't act like you're insane! Don't worry, a few months around guys and you'll learn how not to embarrass yourself around them. :wink:
Reply 35
Does liking include people you'd have sex with because they're attractive?
If we're talking about seriously developing feelings for someone, the first time this has happened to me is with the girl i like now, and i'm at uni :tongue: I have a feeling she likes me too but having never done this before, i don't know what to do and i'm too much of a wimp to take a risk..

I don't bother getting infatuated with girls hopelessly out of my league, who are in my main friendship group, or who already have boyfriends. I may think a girl is pretty but it takes a lot for me to feel strongly towards her. I'd have to get to know her first, which is the exact opposite of most guys i know.

This is my fear at the moment :redface:
Reply 37
Oh dear! Have you been saying embarrassing stuff?
Haha I'm sure you don't act like you're insane! Don't worry, a few months around guys and you'll learn how not to embarrass yourself around them. :wink:

Oh god, THE MOST EMBARRASSING things. And I could deal with it if I sent one text, but I end up sending like 5. Then my friends try and stop me, but text him to explain and it just makes it all the more awkward next time we talk.
I'm getting better with guys- just not with guys I like as more than friends though :/
Reply 38
erm first crush in primary - turned out to be gay when older.

secondary school - crush running from end of year 9, it was ridiculous. I didn't even know him, I had never had a conversation with him and he wasnt even remotely good looking, extreamly skinny, quite feminine in a way and looked a bit like squidward, no idea what it was but everytime I saw him my stomach did backflips, I litterally couldnt speak to him I was that shy and I couldnt even speak when he was around incase he overheard, I cringe thinking back to it!

Secondary school - year 11 - was sat on the same table with this guy, had the same problem where I couldn't say a word, again feel like an idiot thinking back as I must have only said about 10 words to that table!

(luckily, I quickly got over my shyness with guys I fancy haha)

College - age 16 - met this guy in a club, he was 21, he was so good looking and had a beautiful accent, after we met once we arranged a date about 3 weeks later, he decided to stop contacting me for some reason, I was really gutted, like litterally didn't stop thinking about him, about 2/3 months later I bumped into him and we got back in contact, went out another 2/3 times and the same happened. Looking back I don't understand how I got so worked up over it, I really fancied him!

17 - breif crush on a guy I met for 2 days, only really lasted while we were there, was volunteering at this camp thing.

then the next time I said would say I had a crush was towards the end of my first year at Uni, a guy I met as a ONS actually (not the most romantic way to meet) . He was so gorgeous, went out a few times after but it was towards the end of the year, we were both moving away and he wasnt coming back after summer thing just cut off.

I like having crushes, I havnt had a crazy kind of crush since that guy I met when I was 16, I mean I have had crushes since but have never really been crazy about someone. I just hope next time I get like that its with someone who I actually end up being with!
I think about 3 I think :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending