ElizaQ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey,

I was wondering what sorts of help I can get as a university student with various health costs such as prescriptions, dentists fees and eye tests.
I remember reading somewhere that filling in a HC1 form may get me some support but I collected the form this morning and it looks quite complicated so I don't want to mess around with filling it in and collecting all the evidence if it's not going to be worth while.

Does anyone here claim for these costs?

Thanks
Jellybeany
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've tried to fill in that form but it's pretty complicated! I'm nt actually at uni ATM, I've just finished college and waiting for results. It's difficult though cus technically I'm not in education but I don't have a job and I'm probably moving away in September. (hopefully)! So I don't know what to put :/ may go to the docs and ask them to help me fill it out. Sorry that doesn't really answer your question

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
ElizaQ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jellybeany)
I've tried to fill in that form but it's pretty complicated! I'm nt actually at uni ATM, I've just finished college and waiting for results. It's difficult though cus technically I'm not in education but I don't have a job and I'm probably moving away in September. (hopefully)! So I don't know what to put :/ may go to the docs and ask them to help me fill it out. Sorry that doesn't really answer your question

Not really But it helps to know I'm not the only one confused by this lovely form
Choirboy
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Have you seen here? :
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytax...ed/dg_10018978
ohdrama
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ElizaQ)
Hey,

I was wondering what sorts of help I can get as a university student with various health costs such as prescriptions, dentists fees and eye tests.
I remember reading somewhere that filling in a HC1 form may get me some support but I collected the form this morning and it looks quite complicated so I don't want to mess around with filling it in and collecting all the evidence if it's not going to be worth while.

Does anyone here claim for these costs?

Thanks
sorry, i can't really help as i'm just looking into the matter as well at the moment (not at uni yet ). but if you don't mind me asking, what kind of evidence are they looking for?
ElizaQ
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohdrama)
sorry, i can't really help as i'm just looking into the matter as well at the moment (not at uni yet ). but if you don't mind me asking, what kind of evidence are they looking for?

I finally got around to filling mine in this afternoon. Most of it isn't relevant as long as you don't have any dependants or masses of savings hidden away somewhere
The only evidence I've sent is my letter from Student Loans, detailing all the money I'll be entitled to for the year including both tuition and maintenance.

It says 15 days on the form, so I shall let you all know when I hear something.
Jellybeany
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nearly finished mine! Got to send wage slips :/

NHS_HWHC
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Everyone, if you need help with your HC1 form you can visit our NHS Help with Health Costs Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/NHSBSAHelpWithHealthCosts

Thanks

NHS Help with Health Costs Team
ElizaQ
Rep:
?
Hello again,

As promised I received my HC1 document this week. Free prescriptions, eye tests and dental work
Took just under three weeks to get a response.

Thanks for all the replies. I hope you all get yours sorted soon too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads