Is it wrong of me to be angry with her? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My best friend got angry with me and even after i apologised she wouldn't talk to me. We are part of the same social group (she goes to a different college so she is rarely with the whole group and usually just meets me up)so i thought when i next see her i would apologise in person but she told another friend that if i try to talk to her she would leave as she done with me which pissed me off as she hadnt given me a proper chance to talk to her so i just ignored her when i saw her.

I sent her a couple short messages such as a heart or a picture of a teddy she bought me to try and initiate a convo but then she blocked me on whatsapp. After this i made no more effort until about 2 months later i sent her a reaaaly long message saying how i was upset/angry that she could just forget me like that.
Around a week after i sent her the message she replied saying she still doesnt want to speak to me but she wants to sort it out and to text back and then we'll see.

I dont know if i want to speak to her i feel its messing with my head. All my friends said shes overreacted really bad and what i did was nothing compared to her reaction. When i sent her the long text i told her i was getting rid of the things she bought me and to have a nice life and basically that text was my final apology and goodbye to her as i didnt want to think about her anymore. If she replied to the text sooner and said she wanted to make up i wouldve been fine but the way shes just responded has pissed me off because i cant believe she is still actually angry with me and i dont like the way she said to text back and then we'll see as the way she wrote it seems like shes saying she will consider being friends with me again rather than we'll see if we can become as good friends as we were before. I do want to talk to her and make it up as other than her mood swings she was a good friend but if i talk to her i am going to have to speak my mind about how i feel and what happened between us, I know what I want to say to her may make her pissed off at me but im not going to apologise and beg her to be my friend which is probably what she is expecting.

Is it wrong of me to be angry with her?
TooLaidBack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It depends - what did you do?
james22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What did you do? Some people react very badly to things which others consider minor.
Emaemmaemily
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It really depends what you did... What was it?
monk_keys
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You both seem so mature.
Freier._.lance
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We can't really help you unless you tell us what you did.
emilie18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be honest, it depends on what you did... What did you do?
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TooLaidBack)
It depends - what did you do?

(Original post by james22)
What did you do? Some people react very badly to things which others consider minor.

(Original post by Emaemmaemily)
It really depends what you did... What was it?
We both used to mess around on my fb and to annoy me she messaged a bunch of people on my fb a fake number(including her ex who is on my fb but ive never spoken to) then i messaged her ex saying "i love you (her name here)". this ex was from around 3 years ago and she doesnt speak to him and they were together for 2 months...he replied "huh" and then i replied "um nothing" and he replied "ok". Which was the end of it yes it seems really stupid to me aswell now She got really pissed off saying how could i do this whats he going to think but what i did had no effect on them as they dont even talk and she has said before how she isnt bothered about him anymore.

(Original post by monk_keys)
You both seem so mature.
What did i do that seems immature? Obv i dont mean what started the argument yes that was immature but afterwards...
Hopple
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're anonymous, say what you did.
kka25
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by monk_keys)
You both seem so mature.
I didn't read the OP's full thread; but replies like this wouldn't help would it?
Bulbasaur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OP nobody is gonna be able to give you appropriate advice because you haven't told us what you did. I'll come back to this thread if you do.

(Original post by kka25)
I didn't read the OP's full thread; but replies like this wouldn't help would it?
Not trying to play devil's advocate, but surely your reply is just as pointless in that case?
kka25
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bulbasaur)

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but surely your reply is just as pointless in that case?
Hurm, I've thought about it; no. Although I can't help the OP much, but my contribution to the post is mentioning to the replier that there's no need to reply in such manner.
Bulbasaur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kka25)
Hurm, I've thought about it; no. Although I can't help the OP much, but my contribution to the post is mentioning to the replier that there's no need to reply in such manner.
Fair enough. Doesn't appear as if OP will be returning anyways.
The_Jatt_Joker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what did you do ?
kka25
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bulbasaur)
Fair enough. Doesn't appear as if OP will be returning anyways.
BTW, I'm going to Bubblebeam you with my Starmie. Watch out!
Bulbasaur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kka25)
BTW, I'm going to Bubblebeam you with my Starmie. Watch out!
Ha, try it.

It's not very effective.
Emaemmaemily
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I can see why she would be annoyed, but annoyed is about as far as seems reasonable (unless he took it seriously and caused her some issues since?)
Talk to her, and sort this mess out. It's been blown far out of proportion.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Emaemmaemily)
Well I can see why she would be annoyed, but annoyed is about as far as seems reasonable (unless he took it seriously and caused her some issues since?)
Talk to her, and sort this mess out. It's been blown far out of proportion.
Hey as you can probably tell i replied ages ago but had to wait to get my post approved

And no they dont talk and he didnt do anything or say anything about it at all.
I know that its gone too far but when i told her what i did i knew she would get annoyed as i did it to piss her off as she kept doing things on my facebook that i didnt want her to which ended up in me changing my password but i didnt think she would go so far as to want me out of her life because of it. :confused:
aneziri20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1st world problems.
monk_keys
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

What did i do that seems immature? Obv i dont mean what started the argument yes that was immature but afterwards...
i told her i was getting rid of the things she bought me and to have a nice life
(Original post by kka25)
It was an observation not advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (67)
23.18%
No (222)
76.82%

Watched Threads