Am i right to be a little bit confused and weirded out by her? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ive known her for a few years and i did had feelings in the past for her but well she lied about having a BF before which kind of killed my feelings for her. A while back she started being odd with me again sending mixed signs. I asked if she had a BF to which she replied yes, so i thought maybe it was all in my head. However out of the blue she wondered why i was single still. I was a little taken back by this, i thought maybe it was just curiosity but i realised again that shes trying to find out about my life again. She gave me the impression that she feels im always getting into situations with girls but i dont get why shes so interested all of a sudden.

I told her flat out not to worry im not waiting around for her that ive moved. I did also say that many feel shes still lying but i didnt and if she was to expext me to end our friendship for good. She then kinda seemed a bit panicked and asked weather i was still talking to one of her friends.

So my question is was i right to feel a bit confused and did i do the right thing and put it all out in the open. How much should i read into her panic as to weather im speaking to her friend still?
_georgiee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had a pretty similar situation with a guy I liked and I couldn't work out anything he said or did to me so yeah, I think you're right to be confused. Her panic about you speaking to one of her friends could be because she is lying and she's worried her friend will tell you the truth..
Cressida
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe she lied in panic because she didnt want you to think she was available (i once did this, told my best friend i was still kind of with my ex because i knew that my best friend was going to ask me out, he then accidently mentioned it in passing to my ex who then assumed we were still a couple and the break up was just angry words. Everything got messy and i was stuck in the relationship for longer. I learned my lesson!)

But yeah, someone who lies to you or messes with your emotions, even just once is not worth the hassle. Dont write her off completely but dont hold out for her or let her curiosity act as a stimulus for inducing hope or feelings. It's really **** when you like someone incompatible or imperfect. But you deserve someone better than a girl who kight compromise your emotional wellbeing in the future.

So even though i did the same thing as her, i still would be weary of her of i were you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads