Reference for your potential competence? Help plz Watch

Jawad22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The second referee should be your present employer. If you are not employed, please ensure that the remaining two referees are able to comment on your potential competence
I am not employed, so who can be a referee of my potential competence?

They gave me no examples of who can this be :confused:

Any ideas
Vohamanah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jawad22)
I am not employed, so who can be a referee of my potential competence?

They gave me no examples of who can this be :confused:

Any ideas
Someone who is not a family member, but who knows you. Could be a previous employer or provider of work experience, a teacher or tutor, a friend of the family or of your parents, a social worker, preist etc. Ideally someone who has known you for a decent amount of time and has a respectable enough job themselves.
WillowLeaves
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vohamanah)
Someone who is not a family member, but who knows you. Could be a previous employer or provider of work experience, a teacher or tutor, a friend of the family or of your parents, a social worker, preist etc. Ideally someone who has known you for a decent amount of time and has a respectable enough job themselves.
What this poster said, essentially. Just make sure that you choose someone who actually knows you or knew your until recently (as in, don't choose your neighbour from when you were 8) and who can assess you in regard to the competence the employer is looking for. A teacher or a former manager would be the best choice here. Also make sure you talk to that person before putting their name down, that way they will be able to prepare for being asked to assess you as well as tell you if they don't wish to be your referee.
bellazz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ur teachers!
Professors at college!
any other person who knows u and about ur professional competence
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (106)
17.76%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.3%
Not great so far... (212)
35.51%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.43%

Watched Threads