LincolnLayabout
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone know what John Cass Hall/South-Hackney area is like? Had an offer for a room there, but Hackney isn't the best area around. Hoping someone can educate me otherwise?
gitch_28
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I had a few friends who lived there in first year, it's on the edge of hackney, quite a nice area and walkable from Mile End if you're feeling very active! It's only on the other side of Victoria Park. Lots of international students if I remember rightly, and the rooms are extremely basic, but area wise it's not bad at all.
ChloeElizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hackney in real life is very different from the Hackney the media love to go on about so much. The majority of the crime is what I'd call "criminal-on-criminal" i.e gangs fighting amongst themselves and everyone else just gets on with their lives, you dont even see it. South hackney isn't bad, you've got mare street right there for your shopping and what not (I'd rather grocery shop in mare street than mile end) Victoria park next to you as another poster said, which is nice.

To be honest if you're worried you've just got to take a common sense approach. 19 years in east london and I've never been mugged or even approached, never witnessed one violent crime. Just don't walk about with your iPad in front of your face and stuff. Common sense :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
GrainneLM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm staying at John Cass hall this year! When I went to look around the place I thought the area seemed alright, did you accept your place?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
  • Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Jun '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads