Smko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So for some of us who have just finished our GCSE's (a month ago :P) and are moving to another 6th form/college, how many of your "friends" from secondary school do you think you'll stay in contact with?

Sadly I think I am only going to stay in touch with 1/2 , after 5 years of being there :'(
chocolate buttons
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I only stayed in touch with two, then that turned into one.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
This is a really interesting one as I didn't stay in touch with my friends and regretted it for the whole of sixth form. But we met up at the end of sixth form and I realised how immature and silly they were.

Really if you stay in contact with them outside of school and currently do so regularly then you should keep in touch like the cinema or coffee or sports or etc
I love shopping
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I stayed in touch with about 4 for a few months, then it went down to 2 and now 1.
briesandwich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I stayed in touch with 3, and over this past year it's been only 2.
24hoursmiles
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im hoping its going to be all of my friendship group! But in the sad reality of it, it pains me to say it will probably only be about 3 or 4 of my closest friends, which is quite sad thinking about it, but im going to try and stay in contact with as many as I can for as long as I can...until the workload of the IB takes over my life
Smko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is a really interesting one as I didn't stay in touch with my friends and regretted it for the whole of sixth form. But we met up at the end of sixth form and I realised how immature and silly they were.

Really if you stay in contact with them outside of school and currently do so regularly then you should keep in touch like the cinema or coffee or sports or etc
Yeah thought it is a good topic to talk about cause i really dont think i want to stay in touch with any? they have always left me out/always just used me.... so i think me leaving and going to another school is just the best thing?
Smko
Rep:
?
and its all a shame, 5 years of our lives we make these "Friends" and next thing you know there is only 1 or 2 left at the end of it
LeaX
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Was quite a few and then this past month it reduced to two people and now it's one. It's kinda crazy how much we've all changed in a year. I no longer speak to the girl who was my best friend for three years because we have nothing to talk about any more.
RinniieX
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i left school in 2006 and kept in touch with two friends, but we have moved to diff parts of the country so keep in touch but not reglar meeting up
pseudonymegg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Name:  inbetweeners simon.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  54.7 KB
FRIEND!?
Seriously though... about 8 or so
Cephalus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like the way that all girls have answered. You guys are cool =] yeah I dont speak to anybody from my old school. It's a shame really
Smko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cephalus)
I like the way that all girls have answered. You guys are cool =] yeah I dont speak to anybody from my old school. It's a shame really
Yeah i think it's a real shame
shezshez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a guy, I left secondary school in June 2009, I have 3 friends that I talk to fairly regularly still.
Lollyage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I only stayed in touch with the 2 that came to college with my, but then again I can't really call the friends I had in secondary school real friends.
Leahcar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been at uni for 2 years and I've stayed in touch with most of my group of friends from high school. There was a group of 6 of us which is now a group of 4. The other 2 I still talk to now and again, but the others don't (as much) and they're definitely not part of 'the group' any more.
It's just part of life though. As you grow older you make new friends, friends you grow closer and closer to because you share the same interests and do the same things. As time goes on you'll realize that you consider these new friends to be 'better' friends than your besties from school because all you and your school friends have in common now are memories. This summer in particular I've noticed that this has been happening to me, at first it ripped me apart because I thought I was being a horrible person, missing my uni friends more than I missed my school friends when I was away. But it's just the way things go. People grow apart all the time. It is a shame, but it happens to the best of us!
Smko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leahcar)
I've been at uni for 2 years and I've stayed in touch with most of my group of friends from high school. There was a group of 6 of us which is now a group of 4. The other 2 I still talk to now and again, but the others don't (as much) and they're definitely not part of 'the group' any more.
It's just part of life though. As you grow older you make new friends, friends you grow closer and closer to because you share the same interests and do the same things. As time goes on you'll realize that you consider these new friends to be 'better' friends than your besties from school because all you and your school friends have in common now are memories. This summer in particular I've noticed that this has been happening to me, at first it ripped me apart because I thought I was being a horrible person, missing my uni friends more than I missed my school friends when I was away. But it's just the way things go. People grow apart all the time. It is a shame, but it happens to the best of us!
Thanks for your reply! Think what you said is so true, its life I guess!
Ham_Sandwich
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't speak to anyone I went to secondary school with, I don't feel bad about it at all though!
In my experience you make much better and closer friends at 6th form or college because you've grown up a bit and have sort of developed in to yourself a bit more, if that makes sense. Maybe you'll fare better than me!
Laura4692
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its not about how many you stay in touch with, but youll soon realise that the ones who matter the most will always be there. i had a group of friends (5 of us) for reasons that are too childish to name i dont speak to them anymore i never imagined that when i left school however the people who i didnt think id stay in touch with surprised me and they're my closest friends. the people who matter the most will make the effort to stay in touch it was easy being friends at school youre forced to see each other every day, but when youre at college on different courses, and working its alot of effort at times to arrange meeting up. so for the people who dont put the effort in, you will lose touch with those but trust me you dont miss them, because i certainly dont.
mevidek
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not that many I imagine, especially as I'm going to a different sixth form.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads