TSR hits 1 million members: What first brought you to TSR? Watch

CJ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
TSR has hit 1 millions members! :woo:

In a series of threads, we're asking... What first brought you to TSR? and what made you sign up?

The most popular response we usually hear is people coming from Google for Study Help advice... is this the same as you?

Check out our other million member threads:

mr tim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Google, don't know why I signed up though, must be a good site or something.

Should make a tag like that 10th birthday.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was recommended the site by a girl I was taking to at the time. I took a look and thought it looked boring so never signed up but then a year or so later I was incredibly bored one day and ended up doing so. Far too many posts later, here I am.
Straight up G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who was the millionth member?
CJ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For me, a friend linked me on MSN messenger to a thread about a chemistry exam (I think it was) saying how everyone was stressing about it. I didn't even do chemistry so left the site.

Then bored one day I searched my history and found that on TSR you get quite quick replies, so joined up...
whyumadtho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)
Who was the millionth member?
Based on his user ID (and name) I think it's this person.
username818763
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I googled something about A levels and the site came up, however I didn't just sign up because of that, a friend has recommended me this site so I signed up
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I googled a maths question for my A-level homework (as i had quickly learned sometimes they are re-used so if you google it it sometimes comes up) and it directed me to a thread on here, and then i never left.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was told to sign up by my A Level English teacher, as he wanted us to discuss the exam and techniques as much as possible. Looking back over past posts, I spent very little time doing so, and mostly used it to procrastinate during my A Level year. Never mind!
Sazzy890
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was results day and I needed advice on changing course completely through UCAS clearing ASAP. TSR came up on google, looked good, had a dedicated section for UCAS discussion and was getting very fast replies so thought I'd sign up.
Spontogical
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So TSR gained over 500,000 members in just under/over 2 years? quite something tbh.
Niki_girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wanted to discuss GCSE exams, a couple of days afterwards, and I think I first came on here for GCSE revision tips, having Googled "Revision tips" or something...and here I am 2 years later :rolleyes:
pseudonymegg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
MARK SCHEMES!!!!!:elefant:
PoGo HoPz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I first came across TSR completely by accident whilst bored and unable to sleep during the middle of the night. I was randomly searching for information about Junior Apprentice on Google, and found a thread on TSR about it.

Ever since that night, there hasn't been a waking moment when TSR hasn't been on my mind and I'm just so grateful that I did discover it because it was such a godsend of a website and it's helped me in so many ways.

Thank you so much, TSR, you sexy thing you!
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 20
Report 7 years ago
TSRs plain awesomeness brought me here. :cool:
RK
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Back in late 2004 I was using another forum site about a TV programme when someone started a thread linking to TSR, asking if anyone used the site. I took a look but didn't sign up, but several months later in 2005 I was applying for a PhD (that I decided not to do in the end) and had an interview coming up so came back to the site. I signed up and asked my question about the interview and then never left!
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I first came on here to post about my AS economics exam. Found TSR to be a very interesting site so I stayed.
Agenda Suicide
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The fact that every time I googled something education related (or even non-educational for that matter) it come up on this website.

It's a fantastic website and have been using it since!
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Summer 2009. I was ending sixth form, starting university and as I was googling a lot of questions about my upcoming time, I found TSR repeatedly came up within the results. In the end I decided to join and I've been posting ever since.
Minotauro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because in the old days you had to have an account to download an exam paper someone had uploaded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed