TSR hits 1 million members: How has TSR helped you? Watch
In a series of threads, we're asking... How TSR has helped you!
How abut you?
Check out our other million member threads:
- TSR helped me decide which university to go to when I was struggling to make a decision
- TSR helped me through lots of different situations over the past few years which I was able to ask anonymously about in H&R
- I met my long-term boyfriend on here and we're moving in together soon
- I met other really awesome people as a result of TSR who I can consider friends
- TSR is currently helping motivate me to transform with the current TSR summer transformation contest in Fitness
- TSR gave me revision tips and resources, and encouraged me to share my own when I'd finished with them!
- TSR helped me get opinions on different universities from real students studying there!
- TSR allows me to talk to people that could be attending my Firm or Insurance choice, and discuss all aspects of student life!
- TSR allows me to share my blog, and follow other interests of mine, on different threads.
- It's been a fantastic resource for preparing for university, something that I'll continue to use - especially the lists for doing my packing!
Thank you to everyone who maintains TSR!
Here there are many topics of discussion, and it's full of others who face study choices and the long wait for results, so it helps to know others are in the same boat.
- Also grateful to those in the German Learners Society who have helped me with German over the years.
- I've also met a lot of good friends through TSR.
-I've had a lot of very helpful health advice and responses to issues I've also posted anonymously.
I'm sure there's many more things I haven't thought of yet!
I've never felt that I've fitted in anywhere - until I signed on here, got involved in some threads and realised I felt like I belonged and was able to do something I'd always struggled to do; i.e. "talking" to people my own age and actually enjoying it and not panicing! Still have the real life, non virtual side of conversation to manage, ha, but seriously this forum has been a big part of my life these last two years or so!
Well, TSR has helped me a lot. I first joined in the last year of my GCSE's, and joining threads with the people my own age going through exactly the same as me helped me to realise that I fit in and we all looked out for each other. Advice and revision tips and links given where really helpful too.
This last year has been brilliant I've just finished my AS levels, and the threads created for all the different exams we take where great in finding out how everyone else found the exam. It also found me a new friend!
Also, i love the official threads for the different year groups and their results days. It allows us all to share our experiences with people the same age, and it's like we are all a close community on here
It is also helping me now in terms of my applications to university and the course i am choosing. The tips on the personal statements are great, they have been reccomended by my school already, and the university guides are fantastic!
I've never felt that I've fitted in anywhere - until I signed on here, got involved in some threads and realised I felt like I belonged and was able to do something I'd always struggled to do; i.e. "talking" to people my own age and actually enjoying it and not panicing!