TSR hits 1 million members: How has TSR helped you? Watch

CJ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
TSR has hit 1 millions members! :woo:

In a series of threads, we're asking... How TSR has helped you!

For Jess, this was helping with Uni and subject choices, making a best friend and entering into a relationship

Want to submit your own video? use our easy form!

How abut you?

Check out our other million member threads:

Sazzy890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
- TSR helped me in my decision to apply for and study law at university
- TSR helped me decide which university to go to when I was struggling to make a decision
- TSR helped me through lots of different situations over the past few years which I was able to ask anonymously about in H&R
- I met my long-term boyfriend on here and we're moving in together soon
- I met other really awesome people as a result of TSR who I can consider friends
- TSR is currently helping motivate me to transform with the current TSR summer transformation contest in Fitness
I have a question
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It has taught me how to effectively procrastinate.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
....is it just me who thinks the picture 'advertising' the million members piece makes it look like the girl has drawn mahoosive boobs on herself?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Video:
Spoiler:
Show
Sazzy890
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Video:
Spoiler:
Show
It says that the video is unavailable :sadnod:
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sazzy890)
It says that the video is unavailable :sadnod:
It was processing, should be fine now!
Niki_girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
- TSR helped me chose my A-level choices, and yet gave me the courage to change them, a few months later, when I asked for advice!
- TSR gave me revision tips and resources, and encouraged me to share my own when I'd finished with them!
- TSR helped me get opinions on different universities from real students studying there!
- TSR allows me to talk to people that could be attending my Firm or Insurance choice, and discuss all aspects of student life!
- TSR allows me to share my blog, and follow other interests of mine, on different threads.
- It's been a fantastic resource for preparing for university, something that I'll continue to use - especially the lists for doing my packing!

Thank you to everyone who maintains TSR!
I have a question
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Video:
Spoiler:
Show
Aw...

BTW, I love the way you say TSR.
Sazzy890
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was processing, should be fine now!
Awww, very inspirational video
mr tim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TSR helped me with UCAS, some stuff I didn't even know and I didn't even ask. Other unrelated questions also arose that I got an answer to without asking, which means I can help others with the same questions.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm still quite a new member here, and have yet to come out of my shell, but as an Open University student it's good to be surrounded by other students, even if online! Distance learning is, by its nature, rather solitary and that gets boring at times.

Here there are many topics of discussion, and it's full of others who face study choices and the long wait for results, so it helps to know others are in the same boat.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by I have a question)
Aw...

BTW, I love the way you say TSR.
Lol thanks

(Original post by Sazzy890)
Awww, very inspirational video
Thank you!
mr tim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol thanks

Thank you!
I would possibly get bored of TSR in a couple of years and leave, happenend to some other sites and games, but like you I could still be here when TSR reaches 2m users, hopefully if its fast.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
-I'm very grateful to the people in the Depression Society for helping me when I hit rock bottom in 2007. :hugs: to all.
- Also grateful to those in the German Learners Society who have helped me with German over the years.
- I've also met a lot of good friends through TSR.
-I've had a lot of very helpful health advice and responses to issues I've also posted anonymously.

I'm sure there's many more things I haven't thought of yet!
daisydaffodil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You've all shown me that there's something in me that people must like and that I can't be as bad as I believe I am.

I've never felt that I've fitted in anywhere - until I signed on here, got involved in some threads and realised I felt like I belonged and was able to do something I'd always struggled to do; i.e. "talking" to people my own age and actually enjoying it and not panicing! Still have the real life, non virtual side of conversation to manage, ha, but seriously this forum has been a big part of my life these last two years or so!
Wild Horses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TSR helped me get all the information i needed to guide me on the right path on returning to education. So yeah, was a great help with the rich advice i have gotten from people on here.
ebam_uk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TSR helped me get top GCSE's, A level's & Get into a Good Uni, Start multi business ventures, ( I am now hoping TSR will help me to find a job) then the transition from student to working professional will be complete and it will be asta-la-vista TSR!
Ellie_May :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Congrats TSR! :banana: :clap2: :dance:

Well, TSR has helped me a lot. I first joined in the last year of my GCSE's, and joining threads with the people my own age going through exactly the same as me helped me to realise that I fit in and we all looked out for each other. Advice and revision tips and links given where really helpful too.
This last year has been brilliant I've just finished my AS levels, and the threads created for all the different exams we take where great in finding out how everyone else found the exam. It also found me a new friend!
Also, i love the official threads for the different year groups and their results days. It allows us all to share our experiences with people the same age, and it's like we are all a close community on here
It is also helping me now in terms of my applications to university and the course i am choosing. The tips on the personal statements are great, they have been reccomended by my school already, and the university guides are fantastic!

Thankyou TSR
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by daisydaffodil)
I've never felt that I've fitted in anywhere - until I signed on here, got involved in some threads and realised I felt like I belonged and was able to do something I'd always struggled to do; i.e. "talking" to people my own age and actually enjoying it and not panicing!
That's one thing that's so great about TSR! There's always someone to chat to, and everyone fits in somewhere .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.71%
No (156)
74.29%

Watched Threads