Which is better...? Watch

LeaX
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I haven't worked out for a while and I want to start up again. Is it better for me to do say an hour long workout 4-5 times a week or do 30 minute workouts everyday? I'll be doing cardio as well as building up muscle.

Thank you.
stayce88
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2 days on, 1 day off if your only just starting
LeaX
Rep:
?
(Original post by stayce88)
2 days on, 1 day off if your only just starting
Okay, thank you.
screwnicolas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2 days on, 1 day off if your only just starting is good option.
I usually have upper body exercise on one day and lower body exercise on next day; which gives more comfort to me.
Frank Nero
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LeaX)
I haven't worked out for a while and I want to start up again. Is it better for me to do say an hour long workout 4-5 times a week or do 30 minute workouts everyday? I'll be doing cardio as well as building up muscle.

Thank you.
Respect for building muscle too. I've told so many girls at the gym that they should be lifting weights too so they don't lose their curves.

I'd actually suggest three days a week. Any more time than that spent in a gym is a waste for your purposes. If you want to lose weight, tracking your food is a better solution.

Any ways, good luck and have fun - I'm sure you'll get that body you desire
LeaX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Frank Nero)
Respect for building muscle too. I've told so many girls at the gym that they should be lifting weights too so they don't lose their curves.

I'd actually suggest three days a week. Any more time than that spent in a gym is a waste for your purposes. If you want to lose weight, tracking your food is a better solution.

Any ways, good luck and have fun - I'm sure you'll get that body you desire
Okay thank you. Would you recommend I dedicate gym sessions for certain things like should I do cardio all three sessions and then do one session focusing on arms, one on legs and bum and one on abs?
Frank Nero
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LeaX)
Okay thank you. Would you recommend I dedicate gym sessions for certain things like should I do cardio all three sessions and then do one session focusing on arms, one on legs and bum and one on abs?
You're welcome.

You'll definitely want a leg day for your thighs and butt - you can't beat squats for that. Then you can have a back/chest day and a shoulder/arm day. You'll burn plenty of calories, tone your muscles and have all kinds of sexy curves.

You can do cardio on all 3 days, nothing too crazy - 15 to 20 minutes is fine. Like I said before, if you track your diet and eat sensibly, you'll lose weight anyways.

Have fun, be motivated. Gym is the ultimate stress reliever. If you start feeling tired then just take the intensity down. I'd like you to post a thread in a few months telling us about all this awesome progress you've made
magicmuggle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Frank Nero)
You're welcome.

You'll definitely want a leg day for your thighs and butt - you can't beat squats for that. Then you can have a back/chest day and a shoulder/arm day. You'll burn plenty of calories, tone your muscles and have all kinds of sexy curves.

You can do cardio on all 3 days, nothing too crazy - 15 to 20 minutes is fine. Like I said before, if you track your diet and eat sensibly, you'll lose weight anyways.

Have fun, be motivated. Gym is the ultimate stress reliever. If you start feeling tired then just take the intensity down. I'd like you to post a thread in a few months telling us about all this awesome progress you've made
What exercises do you recommend for each of the three areas? I'm in the same boat as the OP in that I'm just starting new muscle workouts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads