Tips for good skin Watch

Weeves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I thought this thread would be beneficial not just for me, but for everyone!
It's basically a place to exchange tips, advice and experience regarding good skin.
I'll start with a few;

1. Drink plenty of water per day!

2. Exercise regularly (At least 30 minutes a day is recommended)

3. Don't touch your face with your own hands unless you've given them a thorough wash

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
emilymaybe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
wash your face with oatmeal.. it sounds weird but its the most amazing thing ever all the beauty gurus and people use it hahah (im not weird.)
Agenda Suicide
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to have pretty bad skin and it's not perfect now but it's only a few red marks.

I found that you can clear your skin up by just drinking lots of water every day and cutting out excessive amounts of fizzy drinks.

Sweets and chocolate aren't even that bad, it's just fizzy drinks for me.
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Agenda Suicide)
I used to have pretty bad skin and it's not perfect now but it's only a few red marks.

I found that you can clear your skin up by just drinking lots of water every day and cutting out excessive amounts of fizzy drinks.

Sweets and chocolate aren't even that bad, it's just fizzy drinks for me.
Fizzy drinks (infact any sugary drinks, like fruit juices) are really bad because the body digests them very quickly. Which causes a very quick spike in your blood sugar level. Whch causes an insulin spike. Which causes hair folices to produce more oil. And the oil is a perfect place for bacteria to grow. Which the body trys to fight, by inducing inflamation, and bam, you have got spots.
Agenda Suicide
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Classical Liberal)
Fizzy drinks (infact any sugary drinks, like fruit juices) are really bad because the body digests them very quickly. Which causes a very quick spike in your blood sugar level. Whch causes an insulin spike. Which causes hair folices to produce more oil. And the oil is a perfect place for bacteria to grow. Which the body trys to fight, by inducing inflamation, and bam, you have got spots.
Hey thanks for that, that's pretty interesting and explains a lot for me and I kinda guess reinforces that fizzy drinks are a one way ticket to bad skin.

Seriously though, water is literally the best thing. Oh and freederm is pretty amazing but it's so expensive for what it is.
Ellie_May :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I use clearasil sensitive face wash and 4 hour spot cream. From what i hear i need to drink less fizz and more water!
buildalegohouse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Water helps lots.

But in terms of skinCARE, I think its really important to have a fixed routing which you stick to everyday. I cleanse, tone and moisturise everyday. Never wash your face with regular soap.
MissKay05
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Olive oil is a good substance for your skin; extra virgin olive oil helps moisture your skin, and makes it uber soft.
princessfiona
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Exfoliation and using a good moisturizer are essential.

My routine involves using a microdermabrasion scrub three times a week and a normal gentle wash the rest of the days. I was my face twice a day (morning and night). In the morning I use a day cream (Clarins atm) and at night I use a night crea (Clarins as well). Also, I like to use Peter Thomas Roth Complexion Correction pads twice a week as they have glycolic acid.

I rarely get spots but if I get one, the acid pads really help and clear my face up the next day.

I don't bother with toners and I used to use a moisturizer instead of the day cream until recently bc I find that I get enough from the day cream and don't need more on top of that.
PrivateWealth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Clean your face, go to the steam room, drink/eat things high in anti-oxidants, exfoliate and use olive oil for your face. I've noticed a marked imrpovement in my face and a lot of people have said my face glows now. Also exercise regularly. For guys, this means going to the gym 3/4 times a week.
HatsuneMiku
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
- I use honey as a mask to moisturise my skin

- Extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover. I start by dipping a cotton swab in it first to remove my eye makeup. Apart from makeup removal it also helps to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. Then I use this as an oil cleanser to remove my face makeup.

- Try using a hot/warm towel and place it on your face to open up your pores before cleansing. After cleansing splash cold water on your face to close the pores to prevent dirt from blocking them.

- Cucumbers reduce under eye puffiness

- When cleansing my skin, I like to massage my face using upward motions as you want to go against the pull of gravity to prevent your akin from sagging. You'll find that your skin will look instantly brighter and glowing.

- Before I go out, I apply sunscreen or a BB cream with SPF. This protects my skin from harmful UVA & UVB rays, which cause wrinkles.

- Eating tomatoes also help protect your skin from UVB rays.

- When applying cream / moisturiser / serums, use an upward or outward motion. Gently pat the moisturiser in.

- Oh and olive oil can also help fade acne scarring

That's all I can think of right now, but make are to eat a healthy and balanced diet too
tamil4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sometimes if you have bad skin in your fam it can pass down. all the girl in my mum's family have acne and hence i got it too -.-
but yeah exfoliator's essential and get a good moisturiser. some make you too greasy, that's not good.
plenty of water.
excercise.
wear sunscreen even in winter.
aloe vera gel's really good for spots.
me_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Before I didn't really moisturise my skin along with spot treatment but I started doing that a couple of months ago.

First I remove my make up with a baby wipes (I refuse to buy overpriced wipes that basically do the same job as Pampers!) then I exfoliate my skin with Garnier's black head wash, after that I moisturise with Olay's beauty fluid and finally I dab any protruding spots with Quinoderm spot cream.

All of these products really do work and I would definitely advise you to seriously buy a good moisturiser like Olay's beauty fluid, my skin is so much more clearer and healthier looking. Quinoderm spot treatment is really effective, it's the only spot cream that really works for my skin!

Hope I helped

P.S Try out face masks from places like superdrug, boots and savers, they're lovely little treatments for your skin once a week. Oh and tea tree oil is brilliant for troublesome skin too!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Company Commissar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by buildalegohouse)
Never wash your face with regular soap.
:eek: really
n-qia
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cleanse, tone, moisturise! Also, don't rub skin dry - pat gently.
Mega Nerd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd say I have pretty good skin. So my tips would be:

- Drink water. I don't really drink fizzy drinks at home, all I drink it water and the occasional dilute juice.

- Take off your make-up! I know a lot of my friends don't take off their make-up at night and for me it's essential!

- Exfoliate and moisturise! Exfoliating will get rid of the dead skin cells and leave it feeling smoother, add a moisturiser and you have nice soft skin!

boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
nivea cream is an amazing moisturiser. Can be used as face and body moisturiser as well as hand cream AND is fairly cheap. (the £1.50 tub looks tiny but the cream is so think that you only need to use a tiny bit so it lasts well. Or the big one, I think is about £3.50 is pretty big anyway).

also sugar scrub. and a good cleanser.
Stiglet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TACKLING SPOTS!

A massive problem with teenagers all over the world is spots, here are a few ways you can help clear your skin!

- Make sure you're not drinking a large amount of fizzy drinks. One every now and again is fine, but try to cut down!
- Before you go to bed, wash your face thoroughly. Use ex foliating creams and moisturiser to ensure you don't have a greasy face before bed because it goes into your pores creating spots.
- Make sure you eat plenty of fruit and vegetable and drink lots of water!
- Try drinking water with lemon in, 2 slices in a glass of water will release the vitamin C, which helps to flush out all the toxins in your body thus clearing your skin!
- If you have a large spot that you want rid of, after washing your face, put surgical spirit on it and it will dry it right up!
- Suda cream is great for drying spots out! Leave a layer of it on your spots before you go to bed and you will see improvements!

If you keep this as a routine I promise to you that you will see major improvements!
BristolStudent96
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stiglet)
TACKLING SPOTS!

A massive problem with teenagers all over the world is spots, here are a few ways you can help clear your skin!

- Make sure you're not drinking a large amount of fizzy drinks. One every now and again is fine, but try to cut down!
- Before you go to bed, wash your face thoroughly. Use ex foliating creams and moisturiser to ensure you don't have a greasy face before bed because it goes into your pores creating spots.
- Make sure you eat plenty of fruit and vegetable and drink lots of water!
- Try drinking water with lemon in, 2 slices in a glass of water will release the vitamin C, which helps to flush out all the toxins in your body thus clearing your skin!
- If you have a large spot that you want rid of, after washing your face, put surgical spirit on it and it will dry it right up!
- Suda cream is great for drying spots out! Leave a layer of it on your spots before you go to bed and you will see improvements!

If you keep this as a routine I promise to you that you will see major improvements!
Never heard about not having as many fizzy drinks will have to try it. Here goes...

I am struggling already!
zguitarmagic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Water
Washing up liquid
Washing up liquid again
Sand/water pulp
Rinse

Repeat above steps until until all skin on face has been completely removed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest