Studying at Monaco university? Watch

pegase
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all!

I was wondering if anybody on TSR has studied in International University of Monaco because I am thinking about applying there for business administration course. After I get bachelors degree I would like to study luxury management which is from what I hear a very good program (and since its Cote d'Azur its all about luxury). Has anybody got their luxury management degree?
And what really worries me is that how do you pay tuition fees over 20k euros? Do you take out a loan and if so, is it from monegasque or french bank?
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you say "how do you" as if theres a system where everyone should be able to. Thats not really the case..

if you took out a 20k loan from a bank, which would be a commercial loan, you would be completely screwing yourself over. the answer to "how do you pay the tuition fees" is simply that most people can't and don't and therefore don't go.
pegase
Rep:
?
(Original post by cfizzle)
Do you know how much it costs to live in Monaco?! If you don't have the cash for the tuition fee alone, I'd advise against going there :confused:
Well, its not like I can't live in Nice or Menton that are 10 minutes by train with reasonably low prices of living. I spend more on rent and everything in London.
Solid.Snake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow! I didn't even know Monaco had a university! :eek:
It's where all the glitz and the glamour is with many famous faces living there....although the living costs must be sky high, not budget friendly thats for sure!
pegase
Rep:
?
bump
MissNJE1990
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pegase,

It might be a lot too late but I also consider the IUM for their Master in Private Banking. I have visited this year the university and I was positively surprised. It is a very small university and they don't have they own building, however the relationship between staff and the students seems to be excellent. I met one student with her Maths professor outside the building and had a long chat with them before they showed me round the building.

I am currently distance learning for my bachelors degree, but would like to go to Monaco after for my master. Most students live in either Nice, Cannes or Beausoleil (Monaco border to France, you don't even notice walking from Monaco to Beausoleil.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
babsiloi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
wow, didn't know about monaco university either....

if you have to pay 20k then that's a real luxury degree
dinus13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ok guys, I recommend you to be extremely careful. at the international university of monaco it happened that fraudulent job vacancies were forwarded to students. concerning the academic environment, well, I wouldn't be too confident either, but, at least, in the sustainable class the enjoy some music!!
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2596C47DB9EA3B08
dinus13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
perhaps they should learn some manners...

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=885861pic.png
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed