The Student Room Group

Lowest entry requirements in 2011?

Hey there!

I've firmed LJMU for Pharmacy but i'm a little worried I've missed the offer by one or two grades, I was wondering if anyone knew of people getting in, in clearing with below the standard BBB offer?

In the open day the chancellor said they'd hopefully lower the grade by up to two grades (Possibly not definately) if you made them your first choice, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any low offers.

Thanks!
p.s. Where has everyone applied/what was your offers? :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone?><
Reply 2
Original post by AlexBamsey
Anyone?><

Aim for Medway, they are usually in clearing for Pharmacy! Places go fast, but if you're lucky you could get a lave with grades as low as CCC.

That being said, most schools have upped their grade requirements. So realistically it's all about the 'on the day' experience!

Good luck with results, I'm sure you've done fine! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
lol

That seems a very foolish way to decide where to go to university, doesn't it? Just pick the one that's the easiest to get into?

Do you not care at all about the quality or structure of the course or the employment prospects or the location you'd be spending several years of your life in?

If you're just looking for somewhere incredibly easy to get into, you might be better off not going.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
lol

That seems a very foolish way to decide where to go to university, doesn't it? Just pick the one that's the easiest to get into?

Do you not care at all about the quality or structure of the course or the employment prospects or the location you'd be spending several years of your life in?

If you're just looking for somewhere incredibly easy to get into, you might be better off not going.

Bit uncalled for eh?

If you can't get the grades, you can't. Be it illness or just having a bad day, nothing can change it. Pharmacy courses are pretty similar so I'm told lol!
Although I agree with the 'you'll be spending several years there', that is a factor but for some it doesn't matter. If you love the course, it won't really matter to some folk.

Employment prospects? Think we're all in a similar boat for that one :tongue:

Reply 5
I chose Liverpool John Moores as I loved the University. Don't assume you know what I thought when choosing my University choice and don't be so rude. Geez.
Reply 6
I chose Liverpool John Moores as I loved the University. Don't assume you know what I thought when choosing my University choice and don't be so rude. Geez.

:hifive: same here, rejecting a offer from Bath for Liverpool :woo:!! Can't wait for uni haha

Reply 7
I really cannot wait! I am so excited, I just wanna know if I got in. Did I see you say you were staying in Victoria Halls? The area around the Uni was brilliant too.

Original post by Doctor.
:hifive: same here, rejecting a offer from Bath for Liverpool :woo:!! Can't wait for uni haha

Reply 8
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
lol

you may say that but with pharmacy no matter where you go, there always great job prospects, most have above 95% grad employment and courses aren't that different, but i get what your saying bout the location.
Reply 9
I really cannot wait! I am so excited, I just wanna know if I got in. Did I see you say you were staying in Victoria Halls? The area around the Uni was brilliant too.

Erm nope I'll be in Atlantic Point :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending