Creams for oily/sweaty skin Watch

TeenageDream
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My skin has always been oily and it gets really shiny after just a few hours. I think I saw an advert a few weeks ago about a cream "soaking up" the oils or something like that. Can't really remember what it did or what it does. Can anyone recommend any creams that will stop the shine and give me matte skin?

I get the same shine when I'm sweating slightly too. I obviously know sweaty and oily skin are different things, but if there's a cream that will stop the shine made from sweat too that would be amazing.
TeenageDream
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
None?
Miss O.C.D
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I sympathise. I have naturally oily skin too. It's really a process of trial and error I'm afraid but at the moment I'm using Vanishing Cream from Lush. It's nice and lightweight. You don't need much so it lasts a while but it's about £15 a pot. Body shop used to do some nice stuff for oily skin too so check them out as well
emilie18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Body Shop have a really good range of seaweed products specifically designed to help oily skin. I have three of the products which I use together, and I have noticed a significant difference:
- Seaweed Clarifying Toner ("pore-minimising toning liquid to remove impurities and reduce excess oil")
- Seaweed Purifying Cleanser ("oil-balancing cleanser for a soft, matte complexion")
- Seaweed Matifying Day Cream ("controls excess sebum and shine")

They also do a matifying primer which helps to reduce shine by absorbing excess oil. When I started using the three products above I noticed a difference almost straight away, my skin felt a lot more refreshed which had been lacking before. They are on the pricey side but IMO it's worth it and there's usually an offer of some kind when you buy a bunch of products from the same range

As well as trying these products, make sure you have a good skin routine, i.e. make sure you are cleansing every day to remove make-up properly, keeping your hair out of your face as much as possible, eating properly and drinking enough water. Making a few small changes is often enough to see a clear improvement! Also worth making sure you have the right foundation for your skin, i.e. if you have oily skin a light powder is better than a heavy liquid foundation.

A couple of other things I do which help:-
- Use tea-tree oil to wash my face (a few drops in water or direct onto a cotton ball).
- Exfoliate regularly
- Weekly tea-tree or seaweed face mask, also Body Shop (I sound like a Body Shop promoter or something, ha, sorry I just really love their stuff!)

Hope I helped
HollyB_C
Badges: 11
Report 7 years ago
I would recommend primer that's designed to give you a matte look; I use Max Factor but wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. You could try http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris...Primer_949483/
Miss O.C.D
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emilie18)
The Body Shop have a really good range of seaweed products specifically designed to help oily skin. I have three of the products which I use together, and I have noticed a significant difference:
- Seaweed Clarifying Toner ("pore-minimising toning liquid to remove impurities and reduce excess oil")
- Seaweed Purifying Cleanser ("oil-balancing cleanser for a soft, matte complexion")
- Seaweed Matifying Day Cream ("controls excess sebum and shine")

They also do a matifying primer which helps to reduce shine by absorbing excess oil. When I started using the three products above I noticed a difference almost straight away, my skin felt a lot more refreshed which had been lacking before. They are on the pricey side but IMO it's worth it and there's usually an offer of some kind when you buy a bunch of products from the same range

As well as trying these products, make sure you have a good skin routine, i.e. make sure you are cleansing every day to remove make-up properly, keeping your hair out of your face as much as possible, eating properly and drinking enough water. Making a few small changes is often enough to see a clear improvement! Also worth making sure you have the right foundation for your skin, i.e. if you have oily skin a light powder is better than a heavy liquid foundation.

A couple of other things I do which help:-
- Use tea-tree oil to wash my face (a few drops in water or direct onto a cotton ball).
- Exfoliate regularly
- Weekly tea-tree or seaweed face mask, also Body Shop (I sound like a Body Shop promoter or something, ha, sorry I just really love their stuff!)

Hope I helped

Oooh I'm not OP but thanks for this!
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
no substitute for a shower with a bar of soap!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
emilie18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss O.C.D)
Oooh I'm not OP but thanks for this!
Haha, no problem!
WildBerrySpirit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TeenageDream)
My skin has always been oily and it gets really shiny after just a few hours. I think I saw an advert a few weeks ago about a cream "soaking up" the oils or something like that. Can't really remember what it did or what it does. Can anyone recommend any creams that will stop the shine and give me matte skin?

I get the same shine when I'm sweating slightly too. I obviously know sweaty and oily skin are different things, but if there's a cream that will stop the shine made from sweat too that would be amazing.
I don't know of any creams, but I've recently began using a specific soap for my oily skin, which seems to be working incredibly well. It's called the Joesoef sulfur soap, which I think is specifically designed for skin conditions due to oily skin.
Peachtwist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have an oily t-zone like you wouldn't believe. I've recently been using a moisturiser sample from Clarins and it really is helping. It's called the Ultra-Matte Moisturiser. Go in and speak to them - they should offer you a sample to try before even considering buying it as it's £24.

Also look into mattifying primers. The one I use is Cover FX but it's about £40 so I wouldn't suggest it if you're on a budget. However I've also heard a setting spray from Urban Decay called De-Slick is helpful too - you spray it on after moisturiser, let it set, do your make-up and then spray it again afterwards.
parasitic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Products with rice, such as l'occitane mattifying rice lotion. I sometimes use it as a primer and my face dries up in an instant, it's very strange effect, to feel it happening...and smells natural but nice too.

There are primers that mattify the skin or blotting sheets you can use, depending if you wear makeup as I find primers work better with makeup than without. A lotion/cream would be better for everyday use, then get a primer when wearing makeup.
timeofflight
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Milk of Magnesium is really cheep and works well. I use it and I really like it. Use it as a facemask and rinse it off. It can be a bit drying but you can always moisturise!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OP, I know exactly how you feel.

Every morning, I cleanse and moisturise with these, which works for me!

£5 each from Boots/Superdrug etc :^_^:

http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Clear...sh-150ml_6332/

http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Clear...ser-75ml_6338/
VV.KKGSR
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Use Witch oil free foaming facial wash

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E10i
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads