chignesh10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
OK, I am writing my PS at the moment and I had done the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge, but I had only got a bronze in it .
Should I bother mentioning that as it makes it seem I am not that great at the subject!
nevetstreblig
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would. Getting a bronze isn't easy, i got a silver a and put both on my PS. If you got a bronze, you're pretty damn good at chemistry and it wouldn't be out of place on a Chem. PS
chignesh10
Rep:
?
(Original post by nevetstreblig)
I would. Getting a bronze isn't easy, i got a silver a and put both on my PS. If you got a bronze, you're pretty damn good at chemistry and it wouldn't be out of place on a Chem. PS
Silver!
Jealous!
Haha, so must you . But I am not sure how to incorporate it........I can't just say "I receieved a bronze award therefore it shows I am amazing"
jamedz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just say that you participated in it and got a bronze, you don't have to expand and say what it shows... the fact that you did it alone shows that you have some dedication to chemistry as you're willing to do extra work outside the curriculum.
Fishbulb25
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course! You've got plenty of time to improve. Tell them everything you've achieved to do with chemistry then that automatically shows how great you are. It might not be the best award but still... you got something for it. Perhaps say why you did it.
chignesh10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fishbulb25)
Of course! You've got plenty of time to improve. Tell them everything you've achieved to do with chemistry then that automatically shows how great you are. It might not be the best award but still... you got something for it. Perhaps say why you did it.
Ah that last point is perfect actually.
Also, Iam sorry for the "great" comment, don't want to come across as arrogant/ make myself look more arrogant.

Did you do chemistry at university/ doing it now?
Fishbulb25
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chignesh10)
Ah that last point is perfect actually.
Also, Iam sorry for the "great" comment, don't want to come across as arrogant/ make myself look more arrogant.

Did you do chemistry at university/ doing it now?
No need to apologise, I think you've got to but in a subtle way. I was given the advice that every sentence should say something about you and to make yourself stand out you've got to tell them why you're fantastic!

Starting in September at UCL (I hope that's if grades go according to plan) Hey! You quoted me a couple of weeks ago in the UCL thread!
chignesh10
Rep:
?
No need to apologise, I think you've got to but in a subtle way. I was given the advice that every sentence should say something about you and to make yourself stand out you've got to tell them why you're fantastic!

Starting in September at UCL (I hope that's if grades go according to plan) Hey! You quoted me a couple of weeks ago in the UCL thread!
Did I? Got such bad memory. :s
I am sure you did well enough! What was your offer? Good luck!
nevetstreblig
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can say things like: Through the sixthformthingamy i displayed my abilities and applying my knowledge to unfamiliar rubbish etc
Fishbulb25
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chignesh10)
Did I? Got such bad memory. :s
I am sure you did well enough! What was your offer? Good luck!
I just noticed in the side bar... We'll see. I did a load of retakes to bump those grades up. The offer was AAB, which is quite reasonable! Kind of excited for results at the same time as being very nervous.
chignesh10
Rep:
?
I just noticed in the side bar... We'll see. I did a load of retakes to bump those grades up. The offer was AAB, which is quite reasonable! Kind of excited for results at the same time as being very nervous.
Haha, I am sure you will do fine!
What were your AS grades?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.68%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.44%
Not great so far... (212)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (114)
19.19%

Watched Threads