JordanAlexander
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
' I'm starting UOM in Sept doing a 3 year LLB Law degree, just wondering if anyone else is studying law?
ilovecatsforlife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm going for History, thought about Law, but decided against it. Do you have an unconditional? I'm so nervous for results day!
JordanAlexander
Rep:
?
' Yeah I have an unconditional as I got my results last year. But I feel for you I was nervous as anything last year ha.
ilovecatsforlife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha, did you defer, or did you just decide to apply after results?

Making a serious back up plan if I get rejected/miss grades. I've been wrong on the last 2 exam seasons (in a good way), so I'm just praying! They're offering such a generous bursary package as well, would be gutted if I **** up!
ilovecatsforlife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which halls have you selected? There are a few freshers groups on facebook by the way
JordanAlexander
Rep:
?
I wasn't really bothered about going to be fair but since last summer I've had a job in a solicitors and just made me want to apply and do it I guess.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Seriously, the fact that I got in just proves anyone can lol. I'm not staying in halls am from Manchester anyway so just living at home, what halls you staying in?
ilovecatsforlife
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oak House. Guess you were quite lucky to get a job in a solicitors Glad you're going for law, it can be a very rewarding profession. What grades did you apply with if you don't mind me asking? I guess the experience must've helped a lot

Make sure you get involved socially, heard it can be a bit tougher for people not staying in halls, I think I've seen a couple going for law on the groups on fb, but I don't think many will show until after they've got their results confirmed. There aren't many deferred British students from last year cause of the trebling of fees. :/
JordanAlexander
Rep:
?
' A few people I know said Oak House is the place to be, so you'll be sweet. I know yeah that's what am just thinking about ha.

I got AAAB carried my four A-Levels onto A2 year. Yeah, I suppose I'll just get speaking to a few people results day on the fb groups and that.
amylynne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2nd year law student here Happy to help with any questions you might have!
JordanAlexander
Rep:
?
(Original post by amylynne)
2nd year law student here Happy to help with any questions you might have!
Cheers. What was your time table like in 1st year? Was you in quite a lot?
amylynne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Semester 1: Legal Methods and Systems, Contract Law and Public Law 1 - generally 3 hours of lectures for each one a week. Plus a fortnightly seminar for each subject which is for 1 hour

Semester 2: Criminal Law, Tort Law and public law 2 - same as above -

timetables will vary from 9am to 5pm and you'll prob be in everyday for 1-3 hours a day at most, thats what we had in 1st year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads