The Student Room Group

English coursework remarking

My English teacher is offering to remark English coursework "as many times as necessary" before the deadline. Is this right? I personally strongly disagree with this. Surely after a point the work becomes unrepresentative of a candidate's own writing, resulting in people who couldn't give a damn about English getting better grades than they deserve and making those of us who actually make an effort for ourselves look just like the rest of them?
Grrrrrrr.
Reply 1
it depends on her marking. if she suggests alternatives then she is breaking the rules if she just points out errors then there's nothing wrong with it
Reply 2
Eeyore
My English teacher is offering to remark English coursework "as many times as necessary" before the deadline. Is this right? I personally strongly disagree with this. Surely after a point the work becomes unrepresentative of a candidate's own writing, resulting in people who couldn't give a damn about English getting better grades than they deserve and making those of us who actually make an effort for ourselves look just like the rest of them?
Grrrrrrr.

This is 'cheating', I was allowed one draft and another one.

You're right to disagree, only hand it in once or twice :wink:
Reply 3
jammyd
This is 'cheating', I was allowed one draft and another one.

You're right to disagree, only hand it in once or twice :wink:

Yeah, for my English GCSE I was allowed only one draft, and even then I was only told the bare minimum (by another teacher entirely from the one in question).

I'm thinking about telling my head of sixth form, who is also an English teacher, about this because I know he would disapprove. I just don't want it to look as though I don't want other people to get good grades.... but you know why I disapprove of the whole issue
Reply 4
Eeyore
Yeah, for my English GCSE I was allowed only one draft, and even then I was only told the bare minimum (by another teacher entirely from the one in question).

I'm thinking about telling my head of sixth form, who is also an English teacher, about this because I know he would disapprove. I just don't want it to look as though I don't want other people to get good grades.... but you know why I disapprove of the whole issue

You are allowed to write as many essays as you want so in this way you can re-write it as many times as you want until you get all a* but this is alot of work
Reply 5
TheWolf
You are allowed to write as many essays as you want so in this way you can re-write it as many times as you want until you get all a* but this is alot of work

It isn't a lot of work at all. If you type it all you need to do for a new 'draft', is to quickly alter it.

Latest

Trending

Trending