Hanif Ahmed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi i have just finished school and am hoping to get a part time job. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places that are recruiting and also what is required of me etc. CV, Passport

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
nickth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hanif Ahmed)
Hi i have just finished school and am hoping to get a part time job. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places that are recruiting and also what is required of me etc. CV, Passport

You'll need passport and national insurance number, or proof of right to work in the UK, and in most cases a CV for the application process

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
WillowLeaves
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The best way to find who is recruiting is to either check job boards like Monster, Reed and so on, narrowing the search down based on what you're looking for. If you're looking for something like working in a shop, restaurant etc., you might just want to look around your local area for announcements in the windows. Either way, you will need a CV and possibly a cover letter explaining why you're applying for that particular job. In the reference stage, you will need to provide a passport/proof of identity, national insurance number, proof of address and explain if you are allowed to work in the UK. If you receive an offer, you will also possibly need to provide address and work/education history for reference checks, but that depends on what kind of company you're dealing with as different companies do this to a different extent.
Hanif Ahmed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What about online applications would i need a cv later on if i was to get an interview

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.9%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.78%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.81%
It might lead to more bullying (81)
34.91%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise