ivayloandreev93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, I have been lurking the forums for some time, but this is my first post here

Long story short - I am a EU national and I have applied to SAAS for tuition fee support and I have a few questions:

1. I was initially unaware of the June 30th deadline for applications, so I applied a bit late - July 16th. By your estimate - do I have a decent chance of getting a confirmation for funding before the start of my course (September 12th)?

2. How big of a problem would it be if my funding isn't secured by the start of my course? Would I be able to start uni? When are tuition fees due? What should I do if my funding is late? How big is the chance of getting turned down by SAAS?

3. During the application process, I was provided with two forms (AB10A and AB10B) to fill out and send to SAAS. I have read up quite a bit on the subject, but couldn't get a clear answer as to whether it's mandatory to send them in? If it is - can they be sent by e-mail or fax? Mail to the UK way too slow and expensive, so I strongly prefer using other means.

4. Am I supposed to send a copy of my UCAS confirmation letter to SAAS? If so, this would be a real problem - mail around here is so slow that I usually get my UCAS letters with a 2-4 month delay if I get them at all... What should I do?

5. If my application gets approved by SAAS would there be any form of confirmation other than a letter via post? As I said - mail's so slow, there's no way I'd get the letter in time, if I do get it at all. I really, really can't emphasize enough on how unreliable mail is in my country!

Anyway, sorry for the long post - any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ivaylo
andriukozzas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey!

I got the same problem. I am also from EU and I submitted the application only on the 1st of July. I have read on forums that there might be delays if you apply after 30th of June. Though the real deadline is on March 2013, at least the SAAS page says but I still haven't received any answer from them. I guess I will wait till September or even later...

Also, speaking of those documents, some guys told me that they hadn't sent any of those. Neither AB10A, offer letter nor AB10B. Online application is probably enough. Or as one guy suggested me to wait until SAAS asked for something to send...
andriukozzas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By the way, you should visit the SAAS facebook page. Read the first post and you'll find other people asking questions about similar problems with applications so you should read it as well and post some questions if you need
ivayloandreev93
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
At this point I'm actually considering calling them. Can someone possibly give me an idea of how long it takes to get your call through and what would be the best time of day to phone them? (International calls don't come cheap)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads