Juliarrrrrr.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

Just wondering if there were many people around on here who are hoping to do adult nursing at Coventry starting in the January intake?

Seeings loads of posts from September starters but there doesn't seem to be any posts from the january ones!

Julia
farah 111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Julia I am starting in the January intake for adult nursing
and yes there are many September intakes I had a choice whether to start January or September. I chose January i am really looking forward to it although I am really nervous
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Yaaaay! Someone else! Haha. Adult nursing yeah? Apparently January is a good choice holiday wise. I'm exactly the same.. Really looking forward to it but seems really scary! I might go and crash freshers week even though I don't start til January

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
farah 111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hiiiii Juliar.. I'm sorry for the late reply i had forgotten my password. Anyways yes I'm feeling really scared too and really nervous i don't no how its going to be like as i have nver experienced going to university.. was you there at the interview for? Jan intakes in April i prob have seen ya
farah111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I needed to ask you something what does the crb discloser and health cheak mean .. do we have to go to the uni to fill in certain papers or do we have to have to make a new crb ourselves im kinda confused?
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Hi no worries! Yeah same here I think it'll be good though.. Just want to get started already! Yeah I think it was April time.. Can't remember the exact date though! The crb check the uni will have to generate because you have to have it specific to them I think.. I don't really know how all that bit works because I haven't heard anything at all from the uni?

farah111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hiiiiiiiiiiii

hmm yeh mine was in April time aswell . I havent received anything from them aswell , i phoned in like last week to ask them whats going to happen next because i hadn't received anything they were sayin that the crb cheak is going to be nearer to jan but they were saying to bring all results and qualifications , birth certf, and passport etc.. by the 31st. I am really excited too but really nervous as its going to be a new experience you dont no what to expect.
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Sorry by the 31st of what? Have you heard anything from them yet? Finding it strange that I have a place and everything and I haven't heard a thing from them! Exactly! Haha I'm also nervous because I can't really find anyone else starting in January?

farah111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
31st of aug well thats what iv heard just give them a ring to make sure. Dont worri theres gna be alot people starting January however theres going to b more people starting in september. yes same here i aint heard anything from them either. The only time i heard from coventry was when i passed my exams and got my results on the 16th august and there were saying you've got a secured place now i asked them when they were goin to give me a letter in teh post they were sayin beacuse you start late we normally give letters out in november, so quite a long wait how u going to get to the university are u goin by train whern u start in jan?
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Okay that's no problem.. If it's aug I'm sure they'll be in touch soon. On results day did you actually hear from them or just Ucas? I see.. That is quite a long wait! No I'm going to be driving I think.. I live in kenilworth (about 10 mins drive) and we don't have a train station haha. Where are you going to be coming from?

farah111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh luky you im not from coventry im from birmingham actualli so gna b alot of travelling fro me and i dnt drive haha! and hmm yea they emailed me sayin dey got my results
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Fair enough.. That's not too bad though! The train goes directly to Cov so it's alright

farah111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
True True .. anywais how has ya holidays beeen?
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Alright ta and yours? Just been working lots. I got a call from the uni this morning asking me if I wanted to start in September haha but had to say no cos I have a holiday booked

farah111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
aRww that's gd too hear and mines aryt atleast uv gt a job im tryna look for one itss really hard finding one ahaha!.. datsh dumb of cov to fne like dhat didnt they think its short notice!
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Good good ah yeah it can be a bit of a pain :/ good luck though! And yeah yeah hahaha I thought that!

steveymurse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I started a thread about jan intake ages ago then forgot about this till tonight! I start in January too, REALLY looking forward to it / REALLY bricking it!

I think I'm a bit late to ask about student accomodation but I'm gona try anyway. Are you guys living in Coventry whilst studying there?
Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
Heyy! Yeah I remember replying to it! I am exactly the same, soo excited but so scared.. I wish I could just start now I don't like this build up! Haha. I actually live really close to Coventry so I'm staying at home I'm afraid

Juliarrrrrr.
Rep:
?
P.s.. Found anyone else yet? Haha

steveymurse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha i know what you mean, I'm glad i went for January but the time inbetween seems like a waste (aside from Christmas and new years)! I'm sorry i didn't get back to you, I just completly forgot about it.

No apart from yourself, the lady above you and three lecturers, I'm guessing its just us involved with the Nursing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads